• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #30 - Tuesday Feb 20 8pm ARC - vs UNI on CBS Sports Network - Senior Night

Started by VU2014, February 19, 2018, 09:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Quote from: M on February 20, 2018, 05:09:47 PM
Whoever is next will already be on the staff...unless the entire staff were to be poached.

We've gone from questioning the guy to "promoting" the guy in the matter of two months!

lol is that the truth!  And, no one more fickle than me (or is it I?).  Such weak behavior for a grown adult!  :-[

wh

It's raining steadily, and has been all day.  We all know that rain and snowflakes don't mix.

agibson

Quote from: wh on February 20, 2018, 05:38:57 PM
It's raining steadily, and has been all day.  We all know that rain and snowflakes don't mix.

With some flooding, but maybe no significant road closures in Valpo itself.

I'll confess that I heard at least one fan consider staying home to watch the game on TV... because of the rain.

I'll further admit that it may make me late for the game; I may wait for a car (and miss the first quarter?) instead of biking.

I do start to understand why some sports black out the local market.

crusadermoe

Do the dorms generally carry that CBS Sports Net?   Or the other campus buildings?   I suspect not.     

I will cut the townies some slack.  They showed up big for the Sunday games. Besides many of them have kids whose schedules they don't control.

VU2014

Todd just said the it's not a bad student turnout tonight but a lot of the locals stayed at home tonight

VU2014

Valpo doesn't have a point in the First 5 minutes of the game. Smits and Sorolla are in foul trouble.

FWalum

We should be glad they aren't showing this game currently because of the overtime with Rhode Island and LaSalle. 12 turnovers in six minutes are you kidding me?

Edit: I guess I heard wrong but I think it is now 9 turnovers with 9 to go in the 1st.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

VU2014

CBS Sports Network is dead to me...

I'm paying for the damn channel and I can't watch the game on the internet  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

FWalum

This Rhode Island La Salle  overtime has got to be the slowest overtime ever. We will almost miss the entire 1st half.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: FWalum on February 20, 2018, 08:34:29 PM
This Rhode Island La Salle  overtime has got to be the slowest overtime ever. We will almost miss the entire 1st half.

For our sanity on the foul calls that might have been a good thing.  What's the prognosis, are we fouling or are many questionable?

valpopal

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on February 20, 2018, 08:42:25 PM
Quote from: FWalum on February 20, 2018, 08:34:29 PM

For our sanity on the foul calls that might have been a good thing.  What's the prognosis, are we fouling or are many questionable?

[tweet]966136006058610690[/tweet]

VU2014

FWalum

Second-half Walker drives in, no foul, gets his rebound and it looks like Koch has a clean block but is then called for the foul and Jacobson goes crazy. Has Matt been going crazy with all these fouls have been called on us?

bigmosmithfan1

This is *exactly* the problem with Matt. Two entirely different standards of contact, helping to fuel a long scoring drought, and nothing. Jacobson is working the refs and getting calls in our building.

VUSWIM08-12

Quote from: FWalum on February 20, 2018, 09:15:56 PMSecond-half Walker drives in, no foul, gets his rebound and it looks like Koch has a clean block but is then called for the foul and Jacobson goes crazy. Has Matt been going crazy with all these fouls have been called on us?

Exactly, I cant stand Lottich, he lets the refs run all over his team. Unreal, this isn't how you lead young men, STAND UP FOR YOUR GUYS AND GET A T.

bigmosmithfan1

This is the most lopsided officiating I've ever seen in a conference game.

bigmosmithfan1

Seriously, this is getting up there with the Stanford loss in Hawaii in the Sweet 16 season.

a3uge

The Horizon was bad, but at least I was able to watch each conference game.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: bigmosmithfan1 on February 20, 2018, 09:46:59 PM
This is the most lopsided officiating I've ever seen in a conference game.

Our PF and C are so badly outmatched that it hurts.  But the lack of fouls against UNI is getting quite annoying.  Joseph was hacked so badly that even the announcers are left questioning.

Why aren't we going at Koch to get him in foul trouble sooner than that Joseph dunk attempt!!!!????

NativeCheesehead

Officiating was poor. But talented, experienced bigs have been eating up D&J for most of the last two years.  They HAVE to get better in the offseason.

VUSL98

Bigs: 1 point and 9 fouls.  Please get them on a decent meal plan in the offseason.

bigmosmithfan1

Fitting that Max clanking two FTs prevents us from getting into set where we could tie or take the lead and we lose to a team that had lost 11 straight road games on Senior Night.

The direction of this program needs serious re-evaluation.   

valpopal

Valpo outscored UNI on field goals (23-21) and on 3-pt. field goals (9-4), while the teams tied on rebounds and assists, plus Valpo only had one more turnover (12-11), yet UNI had 32 free throws to 13 for Valpo. We all saw the poor officiating, and it cannot be denied that is the difference in such a close game. I'm tired of seeing the Crusaders getting screwed by officials and Lottich not standing up to the officials more forcefully.