• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

High Point vs Valpo, Dec. 4 at 7 p.m.

Started by valpopal, December 02, 2018, 09:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

Pregame Student Attendance Update: The flag is mostly in the way but looks a little thin for 10 minutes before game time...

https://twitter.com/BryanGOdom76/status/1070118385088897024

humbleopinion

The student section looks better than the rest of the crowd.☹️
Beamin' Beacons

VU2014

Quote from: VU2014 on December 04, 2018, 06:53:51 PM
Pregame Student Attendance Update: The flag is mostly in the way but looks a little thin for 10 minutes before game time...

https://twitter.com/BryanGOdom76/status/1070118385088897024

Looks like a much better turnout in this photo

https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/1070121358091272192

historyman

So for this to be "the" true high point game we would have to score 122. I predict that won't happen.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

historyman

Quote from: humbleopinion on December 04, 2018, 06:59:42 PM
The student section looks better than the rest of the crowd.☹️

I wasn't in the picture so it could improve a lot.  :o
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

nkvu

Looks like some students showed up for the game. Would be nice some of our offense would too, in addition to Smits.

wh

Halftime locker room messsge:

Lottich - Well, we cant play much worse, yet we still have a 1-point lead. Let's get back to playing Valpo basketball and we'll win this going away.

Smith - Well, we can't play much worse, yet we're only down a point. Let's get back to playing High Point basketball and we'll win this going away.

VULB#62

Excuse me, but our volleyball team (what a great job they have done this year) will be on the road for the remainder of the season, right?  Why are the volleyball lines still on rthe BB court?  It projects a high school image on TV and reinforces the ARC's HS image.

VUBBFan

By the way the big and little Crusaders are gone. Deemed not PC.

historyman

Quote from: VULB#62 on December 04, 2018, 07:55:34 PM
Excuse me, but our volleyball team (what a great job they have done this year) will be on the road for the remainder of the season, right?  Why are the volleyball lines still on rthe BB court?  It projects a high school image on TV and reinforces the ARC's HS image.
I don't believe they ever remove the volleyball lines from the court and there is a slight chance they could play a home match in the NIVT but really unlikely.

wh

We looked lifeless on offense. Almost walking the ball up at times, slow telegraphed passes, lazy lobs, etc. At the same time, really good energy and hustle on defense for the most part. I look to see us play more up-tempo in the 2nd half.

hailcrusaders

Quote from: nkvu on December 04, 2018, 07:50:24 PMLooks like some students showed up for the game. Would be nice some of our offense would too, in addition to Smits.
Timing isn't the only reason, but it is a big reason. We have 75+ students at the game this evening against an equally bad opponent, and I highly doubt campus culture has shifted dramatically in the last two days.

It's very hard to get a good student crowd on Sunday afternoons when there's homework, NFL, hangovers, etc. I things were different, but that's the way things are. How much say does VU have in scheduling games?
#CrusadersForever

hailcrusaders

Quote from: VUBBFan on December 04, 2018, 07:58:46 PMBy the way the big and little Crusaders are gone. Deemed not PC.
The blow up ones in the corner of the ARC? Or the mascot? And is that the official explanation?
#CrusadersForever

VU2014

We need to make some shots down the stretch here.

VUBBFan

Both are gone and the new cheer and dance team uniforms have deleted Crusaders from them

FieldGoodie05

I think Bakari should continue to jack early shot clock three attempts, that's great offense...

Pgmado

Quote from: VULB#62 on December 04, 2018, 07:55:34 PM

Season still going on and they still practice in the gym. I'm sure they practiced earlier today. The lines get taken up after volleyball season is complete.

NativeCheesehead

Awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful  awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful.

valpotx

Absolutely f'ing pathetic loss.  This is now the worst loss I have seen in my Valpo fandom, even trumping the UC-Riverside road loss last year.  Pathetic...
"Don't mess with Texas"

M

Well that terrible performance won't bring the students who showed up back. How in the world does a D1 team shoot 3-22 from the arc? How is that even possible?

govalpogo

Terrible beat.  Hate that the last shot went in on a prayer, but they should never have put themselves in that situation to begin with. 

Why does this team do this?

hailcrusaders

Nothing we could have done on that last possession.

Need to work on shot selection. 3-24 from deep just ain't gonna cut it. Fazekas certainly has an upside but when he's off, he's off. I think we could have pounded it down to Smits more. Ride the hot hand!
#CrusadersForever

PlumStreetBum

I was trying to think of something to say, but NativeCheesehead pretty much captures it. Still no shooters on this team somehow.

valpolaw

Simply embarrassing and inexcusable. I've never even heard of high point university.

nkvu

Well......a lucky shot banks in in a game where we shot like crap and didn't deserve to win but had a chance at the end.

Moving on.