• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Fazekas- ankle???

Started by Smj, January 09, 2019, 02:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smj

Anyone hear news on Ryan's ankle injury?

Go V.U. !!!

wh

He got up off the floor with a hand up and didn't seem to be grimacing much. He walked off the court on his own power. I see 3 possibilities:

1. His sprain is fairly minor and the boot and crutches are precautionary.  Short term recovery. 
2. His sprain is bad, he has an extremely high pain tolerance, and the boot and crutches were completely necessary. Longer term recovery.
3. He broke his ankle. Usually less painful than a sprain, which could explain his demeanor. Possible long term recovery.

VUBBFan

Quote from: wh on January 09, 2019, 07:46:40 PMHe got up off the floor with a hand up and didn't seem to be grimacing much. He walked off the court on his own power. I see 3 possibilities: 1. His sprain is fairly minor and the boot and crutches are precautionary.  Short term recovery. 2. His sprain is bad, he has an extremely high pain tolerance, and the boot and crutches were completely necessary. Longer term recovery. 3. He broke his ankle. Usually less painful than a sprain, which could explain his demeanor. Possible long term recovery.

I love fan polls:

I vote for # 1      Please let me be the winner.

NativeCheesehead

I expect Paul to be camped outside Ryan's dorm room until we get an answer. Or until VUPD is called.

VUGrad1314

Sounds like he's getting some much needed and well deserved bed rest. Get well soon to both Paul and Ryan!

https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/1083134110384697350

rustnvrsleeps@yahoo.com

I wonder if this is gonna be another Alec Peters situation where everything is top secret?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: rustnvrsleeps@yahoo.com on January 10, 2019, 07:25:53 AM
I wonder if this is gonna be another Alec Peters situation where everything is top secret?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coach was pretty frank in post game that he thought it was a sprained ankle, though he clarified he wasn't certain.

That's as open and honest as we could expect him considering the game was going on.  I do think the updates will continue to be open ended.  Valpo gains no advantage updating their opponent accurately.

Smj

I'm just worried about this because Ryan was really starting to look comfortable on the court.   

He is going to be a huge hole in our line up if his absence goes on too long.

- Fingers crossed that VUBBFan wins the poll [emoji23]

Go V.U. !!!

vu72

Quote from: Smj on January 10, 2019, 09:29:15 AM
I'm just worried about this because Ryan was really starting to look comfortable on the court.   

He is going to be a huge hole in our line up if his absence goes on too long.

- Fingers crossed that VUBBFan wins the poll [emoji23]

Go V.U. !!!

Totally agree.  Not only is he our leading scorer and an elite shooter, but he is also getting 4 boards and with his long reach, causing other issues on the defensive side.  Praying for a quick recovery.

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

I heard a rumour about Ryan and the upcoming game but I don't want to give my mates at Loyola any info at all on Ryan's condition.

EddieCabot

Quote from: bbtds on February 07, 2019, 03:39:02 PM
I heard a rumour about Ryan and the upcoming game but I don't want to give my mates at Loyola any info at all on Ryan's condition.

Good strategy, but a quick Twitter search pretty much tells Loyola all they need to know:

Jan 8th - Fazekas injured.
Jan 10th - "Day to day."
Jan 10th - "Seemed worse at the time than it turned out to be." (great news)
Jan 12th - "Day to day." (still)
Jan 14th - "Improving."
Jan 19th - "Day to day." (sounds positive)
Jan 21st - "Progressing nicely."
Feb 4th - "Hope he returns to practice soon."

bbtds

Quote from: EddieCabot on February 07, 2019, 03:54:26 PM
Quote from: bbtds on February 07, 2019, 03:39:02 PM

Good strategy, but a quick Twitter search pretty much tells Loyola all they need to know:

Jan 8th - Fazekas injured.
Jan 10th - "Day to day."
Jan 10th - "Seemed worse at the time than it turned out to be." (great news)
Jan 12th - "Day to day." (still)
Jan 14th - "Improving."
Jan 19th - "Day to day." (sounds positive)
Jan 21st - "Progressing nicely."
Feb 4th - "Hope he returns to practice soon."

TMI