• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs. Loyola Game Thread, Mon., Dec. 30, 2019, 7:00 p.m. CT

Started by wh, December 26, 2019, 11:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUGrad1314

Quote from: oklahomamick on December 30, 2019, 08:22:01 PMWe are young, we will get better.

I have heard that for three years now... I know it's true but it's getting tired... We need to be playing better before the end of the year and do well next year... Unfortunately this year is the decision year on Lottich...

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

NativeCheesehead

Truthfully the talent difference isn't all that much. They know every one of our out of bounds plays and how we run our entire offense.

We'll end up a 5-7 seed this year. But we won't compete for an MVC title with this coach. He's so far behind his counterpart on almost any given evening.

PlumStreetBum

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on December 30, 2019, 08:19:24 PMWhat do we do? We're recruiting better and there's really slow upward progress but we're just not good enough right now...

I'm going to regret responding to this question during a game, but we can't fire the players... Lottich at least needs to feel some heat under his chair. His guys don't play defense and start games slowly.

Quote from: oklahomamick on December 30, 2019, 08:22:01 PMWe are young, we will get better.

Loyola is about as young as we are. So when they also get better, we'll continue to get schooled on our own court.

mj

Seems like Lottich goes into a game with one plan.

Porter Moser developed a gameplan to shut down JFL.

And we're witnessing the results.
I believe that we will win.

VALPO LI

For the folks who are watching the game at home there was a nice halftime piece called the profile on Daniel Sackey.  It went into his game winning shot in Canada and gave us a brief background of his family and passion for music.
Shine on Vu

PlumStreetBum

How has Lottich not drawn a T? It's like they know they're beaten.

VUGrad1314

The energy from the crowd is good The players have given them nothing though... Refs sound like they've been hard on us but our play is such that we can't blame them for our misfortune... Oooh Here we go! Maybe this is the moment that sparks us!

VUGrad1314

-7 on the boards... You're not going to win that way... COME ON NOW! ONLY 8!

oklahomamick

Nice little run.  With JLF on the bench too.  Our shots are always contested.  Our movement, screens, switching the ball very seldom gives us open looks. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

Rebounding... ALWAYS an issue... At least it's expected now because we lack size but still...

VUGrad1314

Oh good... NOW They're going to pay attention to flopping... Where was this in past years (namely against Indiana State)

oklahomamick

We are within 3.  Don't panic.  Run the offense, get a high efficient shot.  relax guys! 
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

PlumStreetBum

I'm starting to think that Sackey is in his own head. Afraid to shoot, bad turnovers, indecisive passes. Hope he figures it out, when he's locked in he's dynamite.

oklahomamick

Need a Buggs, Keith Carter, Lexus, even Ali, as point guard and this is a win.
CRUSADERS!!!

crusadermoe

Shoot  Had the momentum and got sloppy.   But we keep storming back.

And JFL finally got a long 3 to go down.  I think it's not decided until the last 30 seconds.

VUGrad1314

Valpo in the MVC is Sisyphus Constantly pushing the stone uphill only to have it roll down again...

oklahomamick

Milleek had a mismatch in the post and came up short.  Would have cut it to 2.  30 seconds latter we are down 8.
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314