• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Drake Game Thread, Wednesday, Feb. 19 – 7 p.m. CT (ESPN+)

Started by Valpower, February 18, 2020, 07:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 19, 2020, 08:18:01 PM
Quote from: VALPO LI on February 19, 2020, 08:14:31 PM
Quote from: VUSL98 on February 19, 2020, 07:57:01 PMJFL gone in ... 3 months.
Not sure why anyone would "like" that quote My reaction would be :'( ......please do not reply back saying because it is probably true.

Lottich is going to have to recruit the crap out of Javon to get him to stay this offseason... He's got to be in full "Gimme a Reason to Stay here" mode...

He will not leave to sit out a year at this point.  He would either graduate early, or would leave if NCAA rules are changed to allow 1 free transfer without having to sit out.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

VUGrad1314

We should have expected this... An equally desperate team with a tougher (in terms of record) remaining schedule and home court advantage... It's not effort it's shooting... We can't shoot we can't score and we bury ourselves.... Hope that changes next year and some of the new guys coming in can shoot the ball a little... Come on Valpo! We can still make a game of this! Let's go! Keep fighting!

hckjag

Just want Lottich to trust his players in the first half to not pick up three fouls instead of watching the game slip away. Can't win the game in the first half but can definitely lose it. At about 12 point deficit you have to get Javon and/or Clay back in there. Even for three minutes to stem the tide hopefully then sit them back down.

I can't get excited when we close the gap because when it feels like maybe we have a chance to get back in it I know the other team will come right back down and score.

VUGrad1314

The difference is that Drake is shooting much better than Illinois State did... Making the comeback difficult... Come on Valpo! We can do this!

VUGrad1314

SINGLE DIGITS! GO JAVON! GO CLAY! GO MILEEK! GO VALPO! I BELIEVE!!! LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!

VUGrad1314

Okay Shake that off Ryan Plenty of time Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 19, 2020, 08:43:54 PMOkay Shake that off Ryan Plenty of time Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

THAT'S IT RYAN!!! GREAT STUFF EVERYONE!!! KEEP IT GOING VALPO!!!! I BELIEVE!!!

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

VUGrad1314

VUGrad1314

We're okay... We can do this! One possession game and the ball! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!!!

valpotx

How many times can we try and test their 7 footer at the rim, and get nothing?  He purposely lets you get around him, so he can block you from behind.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Here we go Valpo! One shot for the tie or the win! We can do this! GO VALPO! I BELIEVE!

Valpower

If we win this one, I'd like to see if we can come back from 19 down next game...you know, just for yucks.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

DONOVAN CLAY! WE GO TO OT!!! GREAT EFFORT DOWN THE STRETCH YOUNG MAN! GO VALPO! I BELIEVE! WE CAN DO THIS!

VUGrad1314

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

We're okay Still one possession Go Valpo! I BELIEVE! Good timeout by Lottich here

Todd... STOP WHINING ABOUT THE OFFICIALS! PLEASE!

I didn't want to call Robinson a net negative today but well Yeah he kinda has been

valpotx

Also, every single 50-50 call has been going Drake's way, and even their announcers keep pointing it out.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Good job Ryan! Now get a stop Valpo! We can do this! GO VALPO! I BELIVE!