• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2nd half of MO ST at Valpo game on Saturday, January 9th, 2:00 p.m.

Started by bbtds, January 09, 2021, 01:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

Anybody watching this game? Anybody notice the start was moved 2:00 p.m. EASTERN?

Valpo is very fortunate to be down by only 4 after the early shooting and passing and rebounding display put on by the Bears. Krikke, Clay and Edwards have been hot in their own styles of play though. Barrett has changed the defense by coming up with four 1st half steals.

bbtds

Hope you all can watch the replay sometime.

Not only is it cold outside at Valpo it's very cold shooting wise for the Crusaders inside the ARC now.

covufan

Tough to win when giving up 50% from 3 pt land and 15 rebound deficit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valpofamfan

Interesting that Lottich has spent a lot of this half with the 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores on the floor. Perhaps a sign he's viewing this season as a big development year for his squad?

At least we finally had a game with good 3pt shooting but we're also not going to win games with <60% free throw shooting

valpo64

valpotx

Can't complain about this one, too much.  The Bears hit almost every open shot in the first half, yet we were only down 4 at the time.  A couple of key misses by Valpo, followed up by a quick basket by the Bears, was the key difference while it was still close with 10 minutes left.  I think that we can win the game tomorrow.
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on January 09, 2021, 03:04:46 PM
There was a game today?

Yep, Unless you check the schedule daily there is a chance you could miss one.

NEXT UP: Missouri State vs Valparaiso from the ARC Sunday, January 10, 2021 1:00 p.m. Valpo time

IndyEIT777

Quote from: Valpofamfan on January 09, 2021, 02:43:29 PM
Interesting that Lottich has spent a lot of this half with the 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores on the floor. Perhaps a sign he%u2019s viewing this season as a big development year for his squad?

At least we finally had a game with good 3pt shooting but we%u2019re also not going to win games with <60% free throw shooting

It's good to see Donovan and Krikke haven't missed a beat. I really like Barrett, I think he's got a solid future, same with Sheldon if he becomes a more consistent scorer. Anyone else getting concerned about Ognocivic though? He did not take a shot today in 9 minutes and only had one rebound. I get this year is different with Covid, but doesn't his freshman season with expectations coming in feel very similar to Parker Hazen? I really hope he develops the rest of the season and puts on some muscle in the offseason cause he looks out of his depth right now.

Edit: Thank you Ognocivic for shutting me up today. That said, he still has a lot to work on from a defensive standpoint. Primm is a tough matchup I get it, but he put absolutely no pressure on him.

wh

Interesting that Lottich has spent a lot of this half with the 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores on the floor. Perhaps a sign he's viewing this season as a big development year for his squad?

I hope that's exactly what he's doing. There is no upperclassman leadership on this team and there's no reason to think there will be anytime soon. Apparently, Mileek has been sitting around eating Twinkies and getting fat and out of shape, Robinson missed the game for personal reasons, Eron is shooting 40% FT after 73% a year ago, Daniel is shooting 35% FG and 8% from 3. I respect Eron and Daniel for their hard work, but the results just aren't there.

On a more positive note, Paul Oren handled the radio broadcast all by himself and did a really good job.

vu72

Quote from: wh on January 09, 2021, 06:05:48 PM

I hope that's exactly what he's doing. There is no upperclassman leadership on this team and there's no reason to think there will be anytime soon. Apparently, Mileek has been sitting around eating Twinkies and getting fat and out of shape, Robinson missed the game for personal reasons, Eron is shooting 40% FT after 73% a year ago, Daniel is shooting 35% FG and 8% from 3. I respect Eron and Daniel for their hard work, but the results just aren't there.

On a more positive note, Paul Oren handled the radio broadcast all by himself and did a really good job.

Don't forget that Nick was out again and Zion Morgan is a no show--supposedly out for three more games.  That is one senior (MIleek) and three 5 year seniors producing basicly...very little.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

may know

Going all in on underclassman development is the right move for this season.