• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Jacksonville St. at 4:30pm CST on Flo Hoops

Started by VUSWIM08-12, November 22, 2021, 09:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VALPO LI

Shine on Vu

VALPO LI

Shine on Vu

IndyEIT777

Once again, where is the 3 point defense??? Letting one of their bench players hit 4 3s in the first 10 minutes,,,

mj

Jax State shooting 7-15 from 3. There's that bad luck again!
I believe that we will win.

VALPO LI

Shine on Vu

Just Sayin

VALPO LI

Glad your Back Ben Krikke!!!
25 POINTS!!!!!
What a stud!
Shine on Vu

vu72

FINALLY!!!  What we all have been waiting for, having Ben an Thomas in the game together! Great win against a very good team.  Would anybody trade Daniel Sackey for Trevor Anderson?  The future returns to bright!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

RS

Good win. Krikke and Barrett.  A big difference.  Lets all be patient until King gets eligible.

valpopal

It took a little longer because of Kithier's foul trouble in the first half, but the combination of Kithier and Krikke produced 22 points in the second half. Look forward to seeing the Special K lineup of Kithier, Krikke, and King. Speaking of Ks: Kudos to the team on lack of turnovers as well, committing only 6. Finally, this was the way to perform to close a game, outscoring JSU 18-9 following the last media timeout!

Valpo Joe

FREAKIN' BEACONS win their 1st game  :thewave:  GO VALPO   The Brown has turned to Gold :dance:

IndyEIT777

Ben Krikke is a stud, maybe his best game defensively at Valpo, nevermind the 25 points. Great job holding onto the ball this game. Defense overall was better too. Trevor Anderson knows how to play the game, props to him hitting the boards. Hope Kithier bounces back tomorrow.

wh

Nothing like a well played team victory over a good opponent to raise the spirits. Now let's get on a roll!  :thumbsup:

VUGrad1314

Good. I hope it's the first of many. Glad Ben is back. Maybe we can win this thing. But for right now it's on to the next.

nkvu

At last, a win!!  Really dialed up the D in the second half, made plays, and hit free throws in the clutch to win it. Great coming out party for Krikke. Fingers crossed that the ankle holds up. When he and Kithier can play without one or the other getting in foul trouble, they will be really tough to handle. Confidence builder for the team. Now do it again tomorrow!

vu84v2

Nice win! Now go get another win against Coastal Carolina.

vok22

We also scored 50 points in the second half—against a D1 opponent too ! Wish it would've been on TV to see if the offense flowed better with Krikke or what the deal was on that. Defintiely cut down on the turnovers which helped.

wh

I see that Jacksonville State was picked to finish 3rd in the 12-team A-10 Conference preseason men's bb coaches poll. 5th in the media poll.

justducky

I didn't watch or listen and know nothing. 31 minutes for Anderson and 4 for DeAveiro. Who got the other 5 point guard minutes or was it split? I'm not too worried their offensive mesh but how well do Kithier and Krikke function together on defense?

Was Kithier playing hurt or was his reduced minutes all foul related? Any comments on the play of Barrett?

IndyValpo

Quote from: wh on November 23, 2021, 02:34:07 AM
I see that Jacksonville State was picked to finish 3rd in the 12-team A-10 Conference preseason men's bb coaches poll. 5th in the media poll.

You meant the A-Sun

FWalum

Quote from: justducky on November 23, 2021, 06:10:24 AMAny comments on the play of Barrett?

I think many have overlooked the contributions that Conner makes on the court. It hurt us last year when he was injured and we saw the difference he can make last night. The kid is hard nosed with a high BB IQ and for the most part takes good shots.

If people on the board think Matt uses advanced metrics to determine playing time, then this game validated why Connor played 21+ minutes.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

SanityLost17

I didn't watch or listen. 

But JSU had a bench player go off and hit 7 of 11 three pointers.     

To hold them to 70 and win by 8 points when a bench player goes off like that against us is a good sign. 

I thing when King is available he takes up most of Eron's minutes.  Sorry Eron, I still like you as a person and as a leader.  Hopefully Eron does not in turn steal Barrett's minutes because that guy can shoot.  I like Edwards coming off the bench as I think it keeps his ego in check a little bit and has him more focused on quality over quantity.

Can't wait to see a starting lineup of
Krikke
Kithier
King
Barrett
Anderson 

Bring Taylor, Edwards, Devario off the bench because Taylor and Ewards are both starter quality it gives our 2nd lineup a little more punch.   Barrett being our 3 point spot up guy will benifit from being out there with triple K on the floor as a perfect guy to kick it out to for wide open 3's.