• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Jacksonville St. at 4:30pm CST on Flo Hoops

Started by VUSWIM08-12, November 22, 2021, 09:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb33

King on Jax was a lights out shooter. He was hot. At one point all their points were from 1 and their big 50.
I wouldn't call out our team bc he was a bench player.  That's like Connor coming in and lighting it up. He can shoot.  Feed the hot hand.  And they did.

Valpo played great. And i think we are finally looking like the team we thought we could  to be.  And we finally closed out a game.  Big victory.   If we beat CC we could rematch Toledo.   That will be a big tell.

and now we have three games here  so kings return stays on schedule.

oklahomamick

Good job and good win.  The alternative just didn't seem right, 1-3 much better than winless 0-4.
CRUSADERS!!!

crusader05

It's also nice that some of things the players were already doing well like Anderson's rebounding and Sheldon's defense gets to pay more dividends when there is another strong scorer on the floor allowing them to focus their energy.  Ben's scoring/inside presence was such a big hole for us we had lots of people trying to fill it and then not focusing on what they really could bring to the team and growing in their role.  Now hopefully what you can see is them improving in their strengths and being able to slowly start to increase their points on the stat sheet so that we have well-rounded efforts.  Losing the focal point at the beginning is definitely going to throw you into disarray but I think after this game you can start to see what people were high on this team.

Need to increase 3 point defense for sure(too many free points right now that allow the games to stay tight) and I think we will start to see some real success.

Just Sayin

KenPom After games last night

Valpo
From 256
To 237

Jax St 143, from 125
Costal Carolina 248
Toledo 119

Just Sayin

Quote from: crusader05 on November 23, 2021, 09:38:20 AM
It's also nice that some of things the players were already doing well like Anderson's rebounding and Sheldon's defense gets to pay more dividends when there is another strong scorer on the floor allowing them to focus their energy.  Ben's scoring/inside presence was such a big hole for us we had lots of people trying to fill it and then not focusing on what they really could bring to the team and growing in their role.  Now hopefully what you can see is them improving in their strengths and being able to slowly start to increase their points on the stat sheet so that we have well-rounded efforts.  Losing the focal point at the beginning is definitely going to throw you into disarray but I think after this game you can start to see what people were high on this team.

Need to increase 3 point defense for sure(too many free points right now that allow the games to stay tight) and I think we will start to see some real success.

At full strength, how about Matt making this team a well-oiled machine. He's got the talent.

Just Sayin

All Times Eastern

Pgmado

Well hell, I would've done my hair had I known the zoom was going public.

FWalum

It was interesting to hear Matt talk about how hard they were on Sheldon in practice and when watching video. Sheldon is a very very gifted athlete, but as we have all seen he is sometimes not adept at the team game. He made some egregious errors on the defensive side in the previous game that cost us several times. He has the makings of an outstanding defensive player, and one on one he is just that, but sometimes he gets lost in the team concepts. It sounds like he did a lot better last night.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

Chairback

PO. It looks like you had a busy night!   Thanks for keeping us all up to date.  Much appreciated and excellent as always.