• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Record against MVC teams from 2010-2017

Started by oklahomamick, January 31, 2022, 02:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

I've posted a couple times saying the HL kings would have been just fine in the MVC.  Finally had time to look up some of the numbers.  I included Belmont and Murray St.

2016-2017
@ Missouri St. W
Indiana St. W

2015-2016
Belmont W
@ Indiana St. W
Missouri St. W
@ Belmont L

2014-2015
Drake W
@ Murray St. W

2013-2014
Murray St. W
@ Evansville L

2012-2013
@ Missouri St. W
@ Murray St. W

2011-2012
No MVC opponents

2010-2011
Missouri St. W

We are 3-8 against Missouri State since we joined the Valley.  We were 4-0 against them from 2010-2016 just prior to joining the Valley........
We are 6-6 against Indiana State since we joined the Valley with our 13th MVC game against them coming this Saturday. 

CRUSADERS!!!

AB

The three games in Nashville were total routes. Murray was hammered by 35 pts or so. Drake handled easily. Murray State went on to win like 25 straight games after their loss to us and didn't make the big dance due to this game. Who was the starting point guard on that Racer team? Cam Payne, Suns backup PG. Obviously it's not so much the conference with our recent results.

VUGrad1314

I've been as down on the program in the Lottich era as anyone (maybe even more so) but we have to be fair here: It's one thing to beat a team that's just beginning to learn how to play together and forge its identity in November\December\Early January vs playing them in February and March in the heat of conference play when they're battle tested and most players know their roles and the lineup combinations that work. Also familiarity can breed close games and wacky results. Do you think we would have been as competitive against Loyola as we were in the last meeting had that been a one off early in the season? I don't think so. The fact that we're losing to these teams when we didn't before isn't an indication that the program is down from where it has been; rather, the fact that we're getting blown out in far too many of these games even on our home floor where we used to win like 90+% of the time is. Also Missouri State and Drake are in vastly different spots than they were as programs when we played them and have much better coaches (that 2011 game Vs Missouri State aside). The Bears under Ford are far better than the Bears under Lusk who was kind of their Lottich if we're being honest here.