• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Weekend ahead

Started by sectionee, January 31, 2012, 09:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sectionee

Finally, two home games this weekend. 

http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2012/01/weekend-preview-welcome-home.html

I really hope the students have some quality/creative chants for the Detroit games.  Some of those guys should be pretty easy targets.  I'm excited for both games, but especially for Saturday and the HOF inductions!

vuweathernerd

i don't know if they should go after too many titan players... eli holman may throw the basket (and maybe a point guard or two) at the student section.

sectionee

:lol: Thats funny stuff.  I think you are right, he might just throw the entire basket or just lift up the whole bleacher section holding the students and throw them throw the roof of the ARC!

vuweathernerd

Quote from: sectionee on January 31, 2012, 09:31:55 PM
:lol: Thats funny stuff.  I think you are right, he might just throw the entire basket or just lift up the whole bleacher section holding the students and throw them throw the roof of the ARC!

well, it'd be a good excuse to do some further remodeling of the arc.  ;)

lowposter

sectionee:

Where will you be tonight?  In your section?

Lowposter

wh

I stopped by the ticket office about a half hour ago to pick up some extra tickets for tonight's and Sat's. games.  They told me there are less than 1000 tickets remaining for tonight's game and appx. 500 remaining for Saturday's game.  With anticipated walk-up sales at game time they anticipate "a big crowd" tonight and a sellout against WSU on Sat.  Sounds like the atmosphere for both games will be great.  Should be exciting!

vu72

I'm so jealous!  Will be watching on my big screen with my feet up and a cold something in hand.  Show me some sort of big sign!!   ;D
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

vuweathernerd

Quote from: vu72 on February 02, 2012, 02:26:02 PM
I'm so jealous!  Will be watching on my big screen with my feet up and a cold something in hand.  Show me some sort of big sign!!   ;D

same here. you're welcome to join us in the game chat.

wh

Quote from: vu72 on February 02, 2012, 02:26:02 PM

Just look for the 2 tallest guys in Section D.  ;)

FWalum

A little upset that the internet browser on the new Sony Bravia does not allow flash content so I can not stream directly to the TV from the Horizon League site.  Still have to hook up the laptop but I guess that is better than the old days.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

bbtds

Quote from: wh on February 02, 2012, 02:20:54 PM
I stopped by the ticket office about a half hour ago to pick up some extra tickets for tonight's and Sat's. games.  They told me there are less than 1000 tickets remaining for tonight's game and appx. 500 remaining for Saturday's game.  With anticipated walk-up sales at game time they anticipate "a big crowd" tonight and a sellout against WSU on Sat.  Sounds like the atmosphere for both games will be great.  Should be exciting!

What happened to the big crowd? I maybe mistaken but I don't see a big crowd through the HL Network broadcast.

valpospartan

Quote from: bbtds on February 02, 2012, 07:28:20 PM
Quote from: wh on February 02, 2012, 02:20:54 PM

What happened to the big crowd? I maybe mistaken but I don't see a big crowd through the HL Network broadcast.

Attendance announced as 3844.

sectionee

I missed the final score by one lousy point.  Why couldn't Ryan split that first pair of freebies!?!  As far as attendence goes...they must have swiped my card twice, I didn't that many in there tonight.  Hopefully they can pack it on Saturday!