• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The Butler train is coming to Valpo...

Started by Nildogg, February 21, 2012, 11:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nildogg

Are you ready!!?   :o

This is going to be a fun week.

DMvalpo18

Yeah! Butler is playing really good basketball right now though. And i am concerned whether we will be ready or not to handle them right now.

sectionee

They better get used to Valpo since they will be coming back again next weekend!

chef

There are still plenty of tickets left for this game. Please help me spread the word. Tell your friends and neighbors. $20 is still considered cheap entertainment these days. I went to a Notre Dame game last week and the tickets were priced at $30. Last time I went to a show in Chicago, tickets were just under $100. I hate to get melodramatic here, but it's Valpo - Butler. The Crusaders have beaten them twice in a row in overtime. Last years game was a sellout. It does not appear that this years will be one, even though Valpo has won the league title and Butler is fighting for the second spot.

vu72

Just checked the ticket site.  The entire lower level--both sides, is sold out.  I counted 580 seats available in the upper deck and probably more as they show EE as "unavailable".  let's say around 700 seats still available.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

covufan

Should be a fun game to watch.  I'm guessing it will be decided in the last minute.

vu72

Just checked the Butler-UIC box score.  They went a combined 3 for 29 from the 3.  What a game!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

StlVUFan

We need to win this game.  Seriously.  Anything to put Butler on the 4-game track.

valpotx

Too bad there is a Valpo penny on the tracks...
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpo04

Quote from: valpotx on February 22, 2012, 10:48:56 AM
Too bad there is a Valpo penny on the tracks...

We are going to get flattened???  ;)

johnestuff

agibson

I do think we need a new metaphor.  That may not go well for the train (in our little urban legend picture, at least).  But, it doesn't leave the penny in very good shape to win the conference tournament!

agibson

Quote from: Nildogg on February 21, 2012, 11:21:31 PMThe Butler train is coming to Valpo...

Huh.  Look at that.  All by themselves in second place.  Half a game up on CSU and Detroit.  I guess they're trying to salvage their season...

Their beat writer is hoping for an NIT at-large.  And (long?) predicting that this is the only blip in a decade-long period of Butler dominance, with "elite" teams planned for March 2013, March 2014, and March 2015.

valpotx

Yes, I know that the penny really gets flattened, but I was going more the urban legend route as agbison said.  I won't attempt to be creative again, as I should leave it to the experts  ;D.
"Don't mess with Texas"

blackpantheruwm

Quote from: StlVUFan on February 22, 2012, 09:40:30 AM
We need to win this game.  Seriously.  Anything to put Butler on the 4-game track.

This is so important, for everyone in the tournament.  Make them fight hard for the title.

agibson

At the ticket office, they were turning away students asking for Butler tickets.  It seemed like they might get more later, but they didn't have any on hand.

There are still plenty for sale.  But, for now, they seem to still be trying to _sell_ them.

valpotx

So they are doing what they used to do for Purdue games, asking the students to show up to get an actual ticket? 
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

Quote from: valpotx on February 22, 2012, 03:06:18 PMSo they are doing what they used to do for Purdue games, asking the students to show up to get an actual ticket? 

Yeah.  For the only time this season (tournament doesn't count, since there are no free tickets) students, faculty, and staff were asked to pick up physical tickets for the Butler game.  We'll see what they do if it doesn't actually sell-out; maybe they'll make a last-minute announcement and have extra free tickets available at the door.

covufan

The Butler train may be coming, but it will be heading back to Hinkle for Butler's first round HL Tournament game!

Nildogg

valpotx

I guess my urban legend statement worked!  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"