• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

New VU site

Started by sectionee, March 02, 2012, 03:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sectionee

valpopal

I haven't checked all the way through the pages yet, but this looks very good!

StlVUFan

Not a fan so far -- "connection timed out"

valpopal

This quote on the "fan page" puts a lot of stress on the needle of the truth meter:

"Valpo's student section brings the energy to each and every one of the Crusader home games from the opening tip to the final whistle in support of the team."

VULB#62

Quite well done. Tells a compelling story.

Curious that there is not one single picture of the inside of the ARC (packed house kind of thing) or the Drew floor (though it is discussed) among many other pictures under Facilities.

FWalum

I think this is probably still a work in progress especially with the Horizon League tournament and other possible big events still to happen in the near future.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

VULB#62

Agree FWalum.  Has to be a work in progress cuz it has to highlight the regular season BB championship, the HL Tourney crown (I hope, I hope, I hope).  And any great stuff about either the NCAA or the NIT. Figure it won't be final till all those are completed.

valporun

I don't see this as the ending point, considering it looks like a website that Bryce, Luke, and Roger can use when they are on the road recruiting potential players in the program. Who ever is working on this has a nice project on their hands. If it is a sports management major/grad student, good for them, and it will be nice to see this project continue.

Valpo_Fred

Hello everyone. I've been reading the forums but didn't register until now. I'm Valpo_Fred from the Valpo Gameday Cover It Live chat we do on the day's of games. I wanted to register to tell you a little about this recruiting site. I along with a few others in IMC developed the site as a recruiting tool to replace recruiting e-guides the university was using. The site right now is basically a verson 1.0. Because we didn't start on this until well after the season, we didn't have a lot of the assets we needed to create more video and better imagery. We plan on creating a video that will give you a full tour of the facilities. With all the craziness going on campus right now, we aren't able to do much. We are by no means done with the site and it will be updated every year. Whoever suggested that this will be used by the coaching staff for potential recruits is spot on. Thanks for the feedback. Any other suggestions please post here and we'll take it into consideration.

Thanks!

valpopal

Thanks Valpo_Fred for the info, and welcome to the forum. You're doing great work with Valpo Gameday.