• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Butler @ Valpo (3/3) Game Thread

Started by oklahomamick, March 03, 2012, 08:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valporun

nerd, the students don't 100% need reslife to bend and shake to provide housing. Students that want to stay, but don't live close enough, have dorm mates/class friends who live around Valpo with an available couch/bed/floor space, or if they know someone in a frat, they could bum a couch there for a couple days.

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valporun on March 05, 2012, 12:26:51 PM
nerd, the students don't 100% need reslife to bend and shake to provide housing. Students that want to stay, but don't live close enough, have dorm mates/class friends who live around Valpo with an available couch/bed/floor space, or if they know someone in a frat, they could bum a couch there for a couple days.

i completely agree. but it's been an issue in the past, and it's just nice to see reslife finally accommodating athletics in this regard. this just makes it easier for more students to stay.

valpotx

I just wanted to post again how great it felt to watch us beat the crap out of Butler on Saturday, especially in person  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

valporun

I think reslife only budged because we were hosting. If it was at UIC, Loyola, Butler, or anywhere else, they wouldn't have done this.

bbtds

Quote from: valpotx on March 05, 2012, 01:16:37 PM
I just wanted to post again how great it felt to watch us beat the crap out of Butler on Saturday, especially in person  :)

I'll add an Amen to that!!!

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valporun on March 05, 2012, 02:50:01 PM
I think reslife only budged because we were hosting. If it was at UIC, Loyola, Butler, or anywhere else, they wouldn't have done this.

undoubtedly. but hey, gotta win the battles we're given. this was an important step.

rink

Extremely fun game to watch, one heck of a game, reminded me of the ESPN BracketBuster against Missouri St last year.  It was refreshing to see the inside game be so dominant instead of relying on chucking up threes.  Good post position all night and some really sweet drives to the hoop ... and finishes! ... no missed bunnies.  Sprinkle in a few clutch triples and FT shooting just good enough to maintain a comfortable lead down the stretch, and it was just about perfect.  In Bryce I trust.  As a specator, the only problem was the potential heartbreak that losing such a lead -- to Butler -- would have been ... I spent the game half loving it and half waiting for the worst to happen.