• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Next Season and Beyond

Started by VULB#62, March 22, 2013, 08:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

A couple "Too early" questions going into the 13-14 season.  What will the starting lineup be?  Dority, Coleman, Bobby, Rossi, Chardwick?  What are our non conference games? 
CRUSADERS!!!

chef

There's always the chance of adding a player that will be a starter. Dority and Capobianco are locks. Coleman is likely. Carter is likely when he becomes eligible. Peters is likely. Yeo and Adekoya could start and will definitely be in the rotation.

classof2014

Obviously both Capo and Dority will be starters from beginning to end. I think Coleman will also be a starter at the beginning and at the end, or possibly be a Matt Kenney type who plays 20-25 minutes from the bench. If Carter is immediately eligible he'll be our starting PG, if not he will have to wait till December. I think Chadwick will start the season as well but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't finish the season a starter. I think the 3 freshman who're most likely to start at some point in the season are: Peters, Yeo, and Adekoya. I think Peters is the best in our recruiting class but you never know, they've never played at this level. Out of the 5 freshman I do believe that one or two of them will be starting by the end of the season and 3 or 4 will be playing significant minutes. There still is that eligible scholarship spot remaining, I think they're going transfer at this point, whether he'll be eligible immediately or redshirt the season might play a big role in the freshman's playing time. I think we'll see the freshman a lot in the beginning so we can see what they have and come the conference games I think their minutes will drop except for 2 or 3 of them who really shine.

Still, there are a lot of questions surrounding this team. We'll have to wait till the beginning of the season to see how good these kids truly are. The potential is there but that's only potential. And I do believe this team can do great things and will solidify Valpo as a mid-major powerhouse for years to come. Then again, I've been wrong before and I know I'll be wrong again.