• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Saint Louis 3:30 p.m. Chaifetz Arena St.Louis 12/2/12 game thread

Started by bbtds, November 25, 2012, 02:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

bbtds

Rumors and hopes from Saint Louis fans are that their freshman phenom, Keith Carter, will be ready to play. Rick Majerus called him the second most talented guard he's ever recruited. Carter suffered a leg injury very early in the season, it got bent the wrong way. He's from Proviso East and lives in Maywood. He was recruited by Whitesell to Loyola. Whitesell is now a SLU asst coach. Carter switched to the Billikens when Jim W. was fired by the Ramblers.

I guess now he's a rambling man.

http://ballislife.com/keith-carter-proviso-east/

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 30, 2012, 12:21:59 PM
Quote from: bbtds on November 30, 2012, 10:02:41 AMI guess now he's a rambling man

if that were really true he'd be at loyola

Carter, like many, had no Loyolaty. If Saint Louis doesn't find a better coach for next season I think you might see KC hitting the road for more colorful destinations and buying himself a ticket to a BCS team. He'd no longer be a Whitesell guy.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: bbtds on November 30, 2012, 12:39:55 PMmore colorful destinations and buying himself a ticket to a BCS team. He'd no longer be a Whitesell guy.

wow.  payoff = worth the buildup.

bbtds

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 30, 2012, 01:49:25 PM

That's debateable.

It reminds me of the character played by Jason Segel in "How I Met Your Mother," Marshall Eriksen who named his son

Marvin Wait-for-it Eriksen III

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: bbtds on November 30, 2012, 02:47:58 PM

That's debatable.

It reminds me of the character played by Jason Segel in "How I Met Your Mother," Marshall Eriksen who named his son

legen

wait for it

LaPorteAveApostle

bbtds

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 30, 2012, 03:18:46 PM
Quote from: bbtds on November 30, 2012, 02:47:58 PM

That's debatable.

legen

wait for it

Whew! There for a second I thought I had stumbled across another dirty German word.

Legen mir bitte!

agibson

Looks like the game's _not_ going to be available in Valpo, at least not on Comcast?

Anyone know of a place that will definitely be airing it?

Or, it might be back to the old days of radio/streaming audio only.  At least I'm in the correct time zone now!

HC

bbtds

This hasn't been too successful for me but Wiziwig has a link.

http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/79513-Week-4-NCAA-Men-s-Basketball-2012-13-Streaming-amp-Discussion

Scroll all the way down to Sunday Dec.2 4:30 p.m. EST.
There is a Weblink listed next to  Valparaiso at ST LOUIS

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

HC

I hope the St Louis coaching has te poor scouting report on Valpo that Bleacher Report posted.

wh

Quote from: agibson on November 30, 2012, 05:16:50 PM
Looks like the game's _not_ going to be available in Valpo, at least not on Comcast?

Anyone know of a place that will definitely be airing it?

Or, it might be back to the old days of radio/streaming audio only.  At least I'm in the correct time zone now!

According to the St. Louis athletics website the game will be televised on Fox Sports Midwest:

http://www.slubillikens.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=205818557

I have Dish.  Fox Sports Midwest is channel 418.  Not sure about other providers.

StlVUFan

Quote from: HC on November 30, 2012, 08:40:20 PM
I hope the St Louis coaching has te poor scouting report on Valpo that Bleacher Report posted.
Because they're running short on levity.

valporun

Seems to me that Bleacher Report is a site meant more for sports journalism majors to get internships. The stories are useless in my opinion.

Pgmado

The game is on Fox Sports Central as part of the Sports Package on Comcast Xfinity in Valparaiso.

agibson

Quote from: Pgmado on December 01, 2012, 11:13:34 AM
The game is on Fox Sports Central as part of the Sports Package on Comcast Xfinity in Valparaiso.

Thanks - not in my package, unfortunately.  But, it does suggest that it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Anyone have a favorite VU-basketball friendly venue in Valparaiso?

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: HC on November 30, 2012, 05:53:03 PMSt. Louis has trouble guarding the 3....I will say Valpo by 2.

Good point about the Bleacher Report scouting report...maybe we could get a ringer into the mess that is BR and post really off suggestions on how to beat Valpo, and email them to graduate assistants of upcoming games.

HC--when you say they have "trouble guarding the 3" do you mean "the small forward position" or "the 3-pointer)?

bbtds

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on December 01, 2012, 12:13:02 PM
Quote from: HC on November 30, 2012, 05:53:03 PMSt. Louis has trouble guarding the 3....I will say Valpo by 2.

Good point about the Bleacher Report scouting report...maybe we could get a ringer into the mess that is BR and post really off suggestions on how to beat Valpo, and email them to graduate assistants of upcoming games.

HC--when you say they have "trouble guarding the 3" do you mean "the small forward position" or "the 3-pointer)?

Last I heard SLU was dead last in Div.I in three point % defense. Of course that might have changed since I read it 1-2 days ago.

StlVUFan

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on December 01, 2012, 12:13:02 PM

It would be an excellent way to separate the good grad assistants from the bad.  "Hey coach, found this scouting report on Bleacher Report!"  "Son, you've got 4 months to get serious about this job or find another career."

FWalum

The place to see the game on DirecTV Fox Sports Midwest is channel 671.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show