• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Four games in 8 days?

Started by EddieCabot, December 10, 2012, 09:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieCabot

I just glanced at your schedule and noticed you've got a brutal stretch of games coming up.  Luckily, none of the opponents are particularly challenging, but the travel/rest could be an issue.  The worst appears to be the game at Oakland, which takes place less than 48 hours after the game at Missouri State.  Having Dority available will help limit minutes logged, so the schedule may not be an issue.

I'm curious if anyone knows travel plans for the road games?  I assume the team would fly to MSU on Friday and then fly directly to Detroit on Sunday for the Oakland game ... is that the case?  Not horrible, but seems a tad aggressive coming on the heels of finals week. 

One positive is that Oakland shouldn't have many students on hand for Monday's game since they'll also be done with finals.  It likely won't matter, as Oakland has only one D-I win this year.

valporun

This stretch of games isn't as bad as the year that we ended the conference season with 4 games in something like 6 days.

chef

The team is flying to Detroit after the game on Saturday.

agibson

It does all seem a little tight.  I suppose it will help that they're not in classes.

The most closely spaced games are the last two, Thursday 7:05 PM and Saturday 1:35 PM.  But, we're at home for both of those, and the last is a non-D1.  We could probably use a couple of walk-ons!