• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2/5/2013 MBB - UIC at Valpo

Started by Smj, February 03, 2013, 08:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smj

Looking for a definitive win...
(can't believe that the game is not on HLN.   Post if you see it being streamed somewhere.)

Go VU!

HC

Smj

Hopefully Valpo paid its electric bill....   Game is not listed on ESPN3...   And i did not see anything on "vidbox"

agibson

Is there a story here?  In the Horizon League's weekly release from Friday, it's listed as if it would be on HLN.  But, it's not linked from the VU home page.  And, it's not linked from the HL's web version of the schedule.

It's not on ESPN - so it's not like it's blacked out. 

Is this something "trivial", like the camera equipments going to be filming a bowling tournament instead?

bbtds

This website is advertising the game, lsh.lshunter.tv, but if there is no TV crew at the ARC Tuesday I don't see how they will have a feed of the game.

http://collegestreaming.blogspot.com/2013/02/uic-flames-vs-valparaiso-crusaders-live.html

They might come in at the last minute when stealing a feed that has to be paid for on another site. Pirates do that sort of thing. I'm afraid they might think they are stealing/providing a link to a free feed, which is the HLN feed which for some reason might not happen.

KL31NY

"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

agibson

It's up on horizonleague.org now too.  The delay's funny - I wonder if there's a story.

valpotx

I think we come out and play well in the first half of this game, and carry our strong second half performance as well:

Valpo 75
UIC 66
"Don't mess with Texas"

Smj

Great news on HLN broadcast.    I was a bit surprised when it was not listed anywhere.   Wonder if there was talk about a different broadcast channel. 

I feel our game plan should be simple ...  Put more points on the score board than UIC.   Sorry, kinda feel like a smart ass today  ;-)    Actually this game is interesting because both teams seem to have had multiple "personalities" this season.  Outcome depends on which team(s) walk onto the court.    With that said - I am ready to cheer on the team...

covufan

Kick start this winning streak.

Valpo 76
UIC    59

bbtds

Quote from: agibson on February 04, 2013, 10:13:22 AMIt's up on horizonleague.org now too.  The delay's funny - I wonder if there's a story.

Probably ESPN or CBS Sports debating whether to carry the game or not.  Not showing on ESPN 3 at this time.

vuweathernerd

and once again, i won't be able to watch it live. darn work.

VUfan

VU 75 UIC 64 get this win then we spend almost half rest of the year playing Ohio schools. Got to win in Ohio for Valpo to win the Horizon!  ;D

FWalum

Girls sectionals start tonight so I will be going to Ft Wayne Dwenger to watch the defending 3A champion Concordia Cadets (14-6) vs the Leo Lions (17-4). While the records might say the winner would be Leo, Concordia plays a much tougher schedule.  Game starts at 6PM EST so I should be good to run home and watch VU get the win.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

crusadermoe

UIC - can't remember any names of their people.   What's the quick and dirty scouting report on them.    Just a couple of sentences would be great. 

All I remember is that they have a VHS grad on the team but I can't remember his name. 

Is "Robo"-something still on the team?

agibson

Quote from: crusadermoe on February 05, 2013, 01:13:46 PMAll I remember is that they have a VHS grad on the team but I can't remember his name. 

Hayden Humes.  That's all I've got for you off the cuff. Oh, and they won at Northwestern - who seem to be having a slightly better season than Nebraska.  And, in Chicago, they beat Colorado State, who's been receiving votes on and off through the season.

bbtds

Their big man is Josh Crittle and he was a bit of a problem for Valpo in the game at UIC. He plays well under the basketball and the Crusaders had no one to stop him. 

wh

Just bought a copy of today's Times N. Lake County edition.  Two VU bb articles -"Great New Horizon" and "VU lands national TV game" - are front and center on p1 of the Sports section, along with a great action photo of KVW.  It's good to see such great regional exposure.

wh

Quote from: bbtds on February 05, 2013, 01:38:01 PM
Their big man is Josh Crittle and he was a bit of a problem for Valpo in the game at UIC. He plays well under the basketball and the Crusaders had no one to stop him. 

I was at G-1.  He was a load inside, but Bryce seemed to be content not to double team. Apparently, he was more concerned with not giving up the 3 on a kickout.

VULB#62

Quote from: wh on February 05, 2013, 02:09:12 PM
Just bought a copy of today's Times N. Lake County edition.  Two VU bb articles -"Great New Horizon" and "VU lands national TV game" - are front and center on p1 of the Sports section, along with a great action photo of KVW.  It's good to see such great regional exposure.

Post Trib too:

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/sports/18015136-556/valpo-men-back-in-national-spotlight-in-bracketbusters.html

VULB#62

Rowdy is dropping 3's from Hobart tonight.  And they are all within the flow of the offense -- nothing forced (unless you call a casual 28 footer to end the half forced).

HC

Safe to say his shooting touch has returned!

HC

Man, UIc really stiffened up and held Ryan to only 3 second half points, lol.

KL31NY

Bobby nearly had a triple-double off the bench... 10 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists in 28 minutes

According to chef during tonight's game, the only Valpo triple-double was from Urule Igbavboa. He had 18, 11, 10 at Chicago State on February 5th, 2007... exactly six years ago today. How weird would that have been?

Oh, and we won 86-61  :cheers:
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

vu72

This is the team I thought we might have when I so boldly said I thought this year's team could be a top 25.  Well, when our mop up guys are former Ole Miss, Va Tech and Indiana recruits it does say something about our depth.

Seriously, we just thumped a team that beat DePaul and other decent teams.  I really think the stars are getting allined with everyone understanding their role.  Of course, it doesn't hurt to shoot the lights out either.  ;)
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015