• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

3/11/13 - Valpo WBB vs. UIC - HL 1st Round

Started by KL31NY, March 11, 2013, 07:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KL31NY

Game about to begin on HLN. Good news: winner advances to the quarterfinals. Bad news: winner has to play undefeated Green Bay http://horizonleague.org/live/8592

Have listened to some of the pre-game. Richards starting even though she has reportedly been suffering from a minor illness. Also, Paul Oren battling a sore throat on the call just a day after his birthday. Belated birthday wishes on the forum to pgmado!

If I recall correctly, UIC and Valpo split during the regular season and the home team won each contest. In other notes, Tabitha Gerardot received 2nd Team All-League accolades earlier today. Final home game for our seniors tonight as well!
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

bbtds

jack

Valpo is looking pretty sharp in the first half. 37 - 26 at the half. The Guards are playing well, opening things up inside for tabby and Gina inside. We struggling at the strip or we'd be up another 5 pts. Scott went down in the final minute with, what appears to be a knee issue. Hope she just tweeked it.
Need more of the same intensity coming out to start the 2nd half. No letting up now!

IndyValpo

Quote from: jack on March 11, 2013, 07:57:45 PMScott went down in the final minute with, what appears to be a knee issue
Iwas hoping it was an ankle sprain, I couldn't tell. 

The ladies played a good first half.

KL31NY

Gerardot and Carr are putting the team on their backs doe
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: KL31NY on March 11, 2013, 08:38:38 PMGerardot and Carr are putting the team on their backs doe

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

KL31NY

Well played. Do you know what my reference is? I do get your reference, of course... and your quickness to put something together. That's like running a 4.2 40-yard dash

talksalot

Vu 58-54 with 2:15 to play... and the officials are letting them play after offensive foul on UIC about a minute earlier where the Flame coach got into a stare-down with the officials...

Nice rebound for Laura Richards... 1:56

LaPorteAveApostle

well i figured it was an autocorrect. 

but googling id i ged id dow doe fanx

(also:  congrats for making me feel like i'm old and stuff)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

we dunnit!

how much cooler would beating green bay be this week than last!??

KL31NY

67-57 final!

In addition to my earlier reference to Carr and Gerardot, Richards deserves a lot of credit. Despite battling an illness, she plays most of the game and hits some big FTs down the stretch as part of a solid all-around game.

talksalot

Good luck ladies on the long bus ride up I-43... Wednesday night, second round action.  and we KNOW what magic we have against the Phoenix.   

SadersofthelostArc

Oh yes it's Lady Saders' night
And the feeling's right
Oh yes it's Lady Saders' night
Oh what a night (oh what a night)

Girls, y'all got one
A night that's special at the ARC
From Chicago to Green Bay
It's Lady Saders' night and girl
the Horizon's gettin' scared

Dorow's a Lady , wish she was single baby
Mm sophisticated mama
Come on you pretty lady yeah
Stay with me tonight , mama ,yeah

If you hear any noise
It ain't the boys , it's Lady Sader's night , uh huh!!!!!!!!

jack

Great win ladies. Nice to see Richards getting some help tonight. UIC wasn't going down easy, but they never do at tourney time. Win or lose Weds., we did a great job of protecting our home floor tonight. I felt our guards played solid, aggressive ball, and did a nice job of finding the open players inside. Another outstanding performance from Tabby, and a nice season high, and aggressive play from Carr. Tough, gritty performance from Richards. I'm amazed she played the minutes she did. It was a good, all around team effort. Let's hope we get some minutes from Scott on Wed. They were saying it was an ankle, which isn't good, but much better than a re-injured knee.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"