• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Retired Numbers?

Started by Chairback, April 04, 2013, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairback

Are there any Valpo number's officially retired?  I don't recall anyone wearing 24 since BD.

Players I'd like to see retired are Rowdy, Lubos, Lindner, Oppland, Gipson.

It would look good to see some jersey's hanging in the ARC.

valpotx

I would have to think that Grafs would be retired before Oppland would
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

bbtds

I'm sure Tony Vilcinskas' jersey had to be retired because there was too much blood on it. Tony probably used it for DNA evidence to clear himself of a few crimes.  8)

http://valpofans.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=valposports&action=print&thread=3485

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

milanmiracle

I don't know if anybody else's number has been retired, so if that's the case, I apologize in advance.

Bryce, and ONLY Bryce

Set the bar high...he was the best player on the only team to win anything in the NCAA tournament, he's at the top of the list for many statistical category's, and he was drafted by the Houston Rockets in the first round.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

Valpo89

TD - thanks for the link to that old thread about most hated Mid-Con players. Brought back some good names, and good Tony V. stories.

walldozer

Quote from: bbtds on April 05, 2013, 06:39:42 AM
I'm sure Tony Vilcinskas' jersey had to be retired because there was too much blood on it. Tony probably used it for DNA evidence to clear himself of a few crimes.  8)

http://valpofans.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=valposports&action=print&thread=3485

Not retired, just repurposed.  My daughter thinks a Tony's 7 footer jersey makes a great dress.  ;D  Yep, some blood is still on it too.  ;)

Chairback

That is absoutley awesome and hilarous.  Thanks for sharing that photo.

Also, I really enjoyed the old proboard posting.  I've heard a ton of Tony V stories but never on how he was recruited and ended up at Valpo.  He should have been a professional wrestler as he had the best flop I've ever seen.  Somehow he always made it look like he was the one who didn't start it and would always get away with it.