• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ YSU, Jan. 23rd, 6:05pm CT Game Thread

Started by a3uge, January 23, 2014, 09:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a3uge

Corey Petros is a good center, but I brushed him aside for the first team since Brown was already there and it'd be weird to include two centers. Not sure it actually works that way. He's definitely 2nd team worthy. Tiby is a forward and Milwaukee's best scorer. I'd be surprised if they didn't throw in a Milwaukee player simply as a "congratulations, you're no longer one of the worst teams in HL history" award.

classof2014

I really think that Tiby deserves the 1st team. He's been instrumental to their success and has been their key player this season. He's hard to stop and from when I've seen from him he is deserving of being placed on the 1st team. Petros is not the key guy on Oakland, he's a good center, perhaps will be on the 2nd team.

As of now I think Sykes has a 70% chance of getting PoY, Brown 20%, and LVD 10%. If LVD averages 20+ the rest of the way (which I doubt) will happen he has a decent shot at winning it, that is if Sykes and Brown have a few lackluster performances or if GB falls apart. Same goes for Valpo, if we fall apart Dority isn't the PoY.

historyman

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 24, 2014, 07:55:19 AM
Quote from: ARCInsider on January 23, 2014, 10:16:28 PMWhen will Bryce finally sit Peters? ??? ?? Oh, wait....
Well.....  he did go 4-10 (1-7 3pt).  On the positive side, only 1 turnover and 7 rebs.
I believe Peters is earning his playing time again. After the Detroit game I was wondering (all my posting was in questions) why Peters was playing 25 minutes when he contributed only 1 rebound, had multiple turnovers and scored no points. At the same time Carter scored no points had 3 rebounds and also had turnovers and only played 8 minutes. One of the answers was that Jordan Coleman was injured and Peters had to play more.

After the YSU game the only thing that Peters has not been able to do is hit his three point shots. I believe that will come. For the Milw game Alec only shot one three. I was really afraid he was losing confidence in his ability to hit shots. Since he put up 7 three pointers against YSU, even though he made only one, I have much greater belief that Alec will break out of his slump by putting up the shots and at some time he will start to make them in greater numbers. 
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

oklahomamick

Quote from: a3uge on January 23, 2014, 11:59:58 AM
Quote from: oklahomamick on January 23, 2014, 11:19:29 AM
Hate to get off subject and I apologize.  I didn't realize our rpi was 204.  Made me wonder what was the program's wors rpi and the programs best rpi. 

Our best was ever last year (58). This of course, doesn't include 1924.

Our worst in the Horizon was 2008-09 when we finished 9-22... our RPI was 260. The worst recorded RPI in the MidCon was 1991-92 where we were 5-22 with an RPI of 286, but the 4-24 1989-90 and 5-22 1990-91 seasons were presumably worse... the NCAA didn't start keeping RPI archives until 1991. I think I found a random 1986 RPI listing once, but it's impossible to find RPI data for anything prior to 1991.

Chicsgo st currently has a better rpi than valpo.
CRUSADERS!!!

a3uge

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 24, 2014, 09:47:52 PM
Quote from: a3uge on January 23, 2014, 11:59:58 AM
Quote from: oklahomamick on January 23, 2014, 11:19:29 AM
Hate to get off subject and I apologize.  I didn't realize our rpi was 204.  Made me wonder what was the program's wors rpi and the programs best rpi. 

Our best was ever last year (58). This of course, doesn't include 1924.

Our worst in the Horizon was 2008-09 when we finished 9-22... our RPI was 260. The worst recorded RPI in the MidCon was 1991-92 where we were 5-22 with an RPI of 286, but the 4-24 1989-90 and 5-22 1990-91 seasons were presumably worse... the NCAA didn't start keeping RPI archives until 1991. I think I found a random 1986 RPI listing once, but it's impossible to find RPI data for anything prior to 1991.

Chicsgo st currently has a better rpi than valpo.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Chicago%20St..html

Enjoy it now because they'll be +200 in a couple weeks. Their RPI is higher purely based on playing better schools.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk