• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

International Players and Travel

Started by dcvalpo, June 19, 2011, 11:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMvalpo18

are we going to continue to talk about a poster who isn't here anymore? it seems like this could go on for a while. by the way, ryan's mother seems like a really nice lady! hopefully we could see her around sometime this year.

koala

Thanks DMvalpo18, nice picture of my son that you have on your page  :thumbsup:   Don't think we will be back this year but definitely his last and graduating year.   I think a few of us will make the trip then.   So if any of you Valpo fans ever come to Melbourne for a visit the offer of dinner at our home is extended to any of you, lets see who makes it here first?    :) :) :)

DMvalpo18

sounds terrific! ryan has always been my favorite crusader since he got here! would love to visit in melbourne. australia is one of my must visit places in the world.

mj

Just one more thing about dcvalpo. Google his name. Apparently he made a youtube video about himself but then took it down. Wonder what was in it.
I believe that we will win.

BulldogBully

Quote from: mj on June 22, 2011, 11:46:20 PM
Just one more thing about dcvalpo. Google his name. Apparently he made a youtube video about himself but then took it down. Wonder what was in it.

my question is why did you google his name??

koala

Well we look forward to seeing you "Down Under" sometime soon DMvalpo18 you will always be welcome here  ;D

BulldogBully

i think i smell a stalker...

valpo04

Quote from: BulldogBully on June 23, 2011, 07:49:26 PM

i think i smell a stalker...

Quit trolling.

valpo84

BTW--long airflights dramatically affect the legs, especially of taller players. You are cramped for many hours and circulation is tested. Everything is a step slow, especially if there is time zones involved. Had a long flight overnight and played this morning and you can really feel it. Shots felt good but no legs so everything was short. But, a workout like that right away can really help adjust to the time and reduce the jet lag, plus lots of water.

Koala--we hope to see you in Melborne in the Fall!! We have met you a couple times in the states, including the Akron game in Akron and at Valpo during Ryan's freshman season. In my Saturday runs, play with a couple of your countryfolk, including Shawn Tilby pretty good guard if you have heard of him.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

koala

I haven't been to Akron but certainly was in Valpo for Ryan's freshman year and sophomore year.   We did travel to Milwaukee and Green Bay for games but not Akron.

If you are coming to Melbourne let me know we'd love to see you.   Haven't heard of Shawn Tilby where is he from?   

Ryan leaves Sunday week for a selection training camp at the AIS for the Australian World University Games Team, if he makes it the championships will be played in China.   I shall let you know how he goes?