• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Nickname Hrvoje Vucic Contest

Started by sectionee, July 11, 2011, 09:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sectionee

Regardless of your opinion of Vucic, that is not what this thread is for, he needs a nickname!  So, I'm having a contest.

SectionEE's nickname Hrvoje Vucic contest will go from 12pm on July 13th and end on July 17th at 9pm Central Time.  In order to submit a nickname you must "Like" the SectionEE Facebook page and put your entry there.  Find our Facebook page by clicking https://www.facebook.com/pages/SectionEE/158225824249360  The winner of the contest will receive a brand new travel mug with the "Valpo fund" logo on it.  I'm sure this will be a highly coveted prize, so take some time and come up with a good nickname for our Croatian big man!

govalpogo

We always just called him "Vuc"  (pronounced like "Duke" but with a V) on campus...although that's probably because no one knew how to pronounce the rest of his name.

milanmiracle

I don't do facebook, so I can't officially vote but my vote is for "Bob". It's kind of like calling a big guy "tiny". Since Hrvoje Vucic is so difficult, what could be simpler than "Bob". That's my .02
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

sectionee

we can post it there for you..."Bob" it is

valpopal

Since a shorthand for his name sounds like Hrv V, I'd suggest "Harvey" as a nickname, just like the very tall and invisible rabbit, a mythical pooka, who accompanies Jimmy Stewart's character in the  classic "Harvey" movie.

sectionee

Got um down.  Note to self, move the next contest somewhere besides Facebook

valporun

Quote from: sectionee on July 12, 2011, 09:55:59 PM
Got um down.  Note to self, move the next contest somewhere besides Facebook

Why not do a poll here on the message board? Get some suggestions, then post a poll, and let the posters/trolls vote here.

sectionee

well we will probably put the suggestions on the blog and have the voting take place there

sectionee

The nicknames are in and it is time to cast your vote.  We have a few good ones to choose from.  To vote go here, http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2011/07/nicknames-are-in.html