• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Monmouth at MB Invitational Friday, 11/16/18 6:30 p.m. EST / 5:30 p.m. CST ESPN3

Started by bbtds, November 16, 2018, 05:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M

That was entertaining reading very early this morning for me 😂😂😂

nkvu

I'm still waiting for the new improved Maleek to show up in an actual game. I can see how he could impress in practice going against Smits as he is stronger, quicker, and can step out for his shot. On defense all he has to do is overplay Smits left hand to reduce his effectiveness by maybe 80%. But in games he still hasn't shown that he can play defense without fouling, which was his biggest problem last year. I hope the new Maleek shows up soon.

I also think Bradford and Jay's return will really help. Bradford improved a lot in the last third of the season last year when he stopped trying to be a shooter and started being a distributor. He and Jay developed some good chemistry in the pick and roll. If Bradford can keep a good attitude I think he could see a lot of minutes as the backup point guard as I think Sackey will need this year to acclimate to this level of play.  But if he sulks because he is starting off behind then this season could be lost to him and the team will suffer for it.

valpo64

With many of the newcomers contributing  alot in  the team's success so far,  its going to take time to jell and find the "right" combination.  It is a whole new ballgame this year and it should be fun watching it come together...I hope.

EddieCabot

Quote from: M on November 17, 2018, 11:15:40 AM
That was entertaining reading very early this morning for me 😂😂😂

It was!  I love it when Paul calls out other teams / fan bases. 

tiny707

Monmouth gets first win against Penn. They are now 1-12 for the year.