• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Javon Freeman is transferring...(Bakari as well)

Started by AlecPeters101, March 19, 2019, 02:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: bbtds on May 30, 2019, 11:55:22 AM
Quote from: vuny98 on May 30, 2019, 09:15:04 AMSo the only explanation I have here is that a guy that has experience and only takes a scholarship up for 1 year is a nice thing to have on a team that has a space open. You need to fill that space with a warm body, so might as well take someone that you can throw in the game if needed. Bakari had a good year the season before last, last year was rough on several levels, but he has likely shown enough to know he can hold his own on the court

It will be interesting to see if Bakari can turn things around and have a much better year at a place like Iowa, New Mexico State, Rhode Island or Portland State. It might tell us something about our coach and his staff.

What is your gut feeling on Bakari as a player?  Do you think last year was mostly the results of injury and off season surgery?  I don't recall, how was his defense two years back when he was healthy?  I think his complaining overshadowed EVERYTHING for me, I had my blinders on with him and Smits and really disliked how they carried themselves on the court.

What are your thoughts on Bakari bbtds?

bbtds

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on May 30, 2019, 12:16:52 PMWhat is your gut feeling on Bakari as a player?  Do you think last year was mostly the results of injury and off season surgery?  I don't recall, how was his defense two years back when he was healthy?  I think his complaining overshadowed EVERYTHING for me, I had my blinders on with him and Smits and really disliked how they carried themselves on the court.

What are your thoughts on Bakari bbtds?

It's starting to sink in that maybe we might have missed something with Bakari. But then again maybe not. He wouldn't be the only pick up by a B1G team, if he ends up at Iowa, to go totally bust. I am intrigued by the possibility of Bakari totally turning things around but if I had to make a prediction it would be that Iowa is making a mistake and Bakari will we even worse than last year.

As far as Bakari's personality I think his conflicts with his teammates irritated me to a great deal.