• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

MVC NET Rankings

Started by Just Sayin, January 21, 2023, 10:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

The thread title says, "MVC NET Rankings." I see every ranking imaginable other than NET.

Just Sayin

NET is the first one listed.

wh

I just see X's in those cells. Must be a computer glitch.

Dr. T

NET:

Illinois St = 262
Valpo = 287
UIC = 289
UE = 345

Case in point: Despite the recent wins over REALLY BAD MVC teams, we are terrible. Unless the bar is set so low as to consider the ability to win over other bottom feeders the goal? Hope not.

vok22

Fun fact: Louisville would have the second worst net ranking in the MVC, were they to be relegated to the Missouri Valley.

valpo64

Love the comment.  Why don't we gloat on U of L's dismal season rather than thinking about our own failures this season.      :) :)

justducky

Quote from: vok22 on January 24, 2023, 09:47:08 AM
Fun fact: Louisville would have the second worst net ranking in the MVC, were they to be relegated to the Missouri Valley.

Maybe if we swapped coaches everybody could hear some fresh excuses.  :)

valpo64

Now that's an interesting thought...at least we may not hear the same thing over and over again   :)

vok22

Quote from: valpo64 on January 25, 2023, 09:50:18 AM
Love the comment.  Why don't we gloat on U of L's dismal season rather than thinking about our own failures this season.      :) :)

Oh, we definitely both suck. Just crazy to me that a power 5 team could have THAT low of a NET ranking considering they by default have a relatively high strength of schedule from conference play.

historyman

Video: How to pronounce Louisville.  https://youtu.be/1sugAurdJ3g

My new way is Looserville!
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann