• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

TVB 2022-23 VU Athletics Overview

Started by VULB#62, May 30, 2023, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

Those of you who subscribe to The Victory Bell should take the time to listen to Paul's podcast wrap-up. He and Todd Ickow go over the entire athletic year and dive into MBB more deeply. It's an hour, but well worth it — especially the assessment of the Lottich era - brought back some memories.

As an aside, I really respect Paul's ability to stay as neutral/objective as he does. He really strives to show all sides. I'd take one of his courses if I was a student.

valporun

I do wish Paul and Todd had talked about the cross country and track programs both going through a significant coaching change in the same year, as an alum of those teams myself, but then how many people here would have skipped over that portion of the pod, which might have included swimming, women's bowling, and golf? All programs that I'd like to see get some attention in podcasts, just as much as football, basketball, soccer, softball, baseball, and volleyball do.

vok22

Just wondering if there be an over/under episode on the podcast before the year begins?

VUBBFan

Quote from: vok22 on October 25, 2023, 08:49:52 AMJust wondering if there be an over/under episode on the podcast before the year begins?

I for one would love to hear one, but honestly how can you come up with any stats when there is nothing to go on? It would be a huge challenge.

Pgmado

Todd and I will definitely be doing an Over/Under podcast. We're set to record a week from today...after the exhibition game. This will easily be the most difficult year I've had to set categories.

historyman

Quote from: Pgmado on October 26, 2023, 11:44:53 AM
Todd and I will definitely be doing an Over/Under podcast. We're set to record a week from today...after the exhibition game. This will easily be the most difficult year I've had to set categories.

I've got one.

How many different Beacons will start AND FINISH games this season?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

covufan

Quote from: historyman on October 26, 2023, 10:08:24 PM

I've got one.

As an over/under that you get from the season box score?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

historyman

Quote from: covufan on October 27, 2023, 09:01:14 PM

I've got one.

Well, in the past Todd & Paul have used how many times Todd would say something during a broadcast. That is certainly not in a box score.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

covufan

Quote from: historyman on October 30, 2023, 10:06:41 PM
Quote from: covufan on October 27, 2023, 09:01:14 PM

I've got one.

Well, in the past Todd & Paul have used how many times Todd would say something during a broadcast. That is certainly not in a box score.
OK.  I like the O/U for how many players will have at least one start.  I think everyone will have a chance to finish a game, including the walk-ons.