• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Parking ar ARC

Started by Touron, November 05, 2023, 03:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Touron

Where can I park for basketball games that is close to the ARC? The parking lot across from the ARC is always full well before games and it doesn't matter how small the crowd is, there is never any available parking there. That lot is obviously being used for something other than parking for basketball games. Has there been some other arrangements made so we can park reasonably close to the arena? If the team improves as we all hope, there should be larger crowds this season and that will make the parking situation even more frustrating. Any suggestions as to where to park would be most welcome.

historyman

Quote from: Touron on November 05, 2023, 03:29:49 PM
Where can I park for basketball games that is close to the ARC? The parking lot across from the ARC is always full well before games and it doesn't matter how small the crowd is, there is never any available parking there. That lot is obviously being used for something other than parking for basketball games. Has there been some other arrangements made so we can park reasonably close to the arena? If the team improves as we all hope, there should be larger crowds this season and that will make the parking situation even more frustrating. Any suggestions as to where to park would be most welcome.

You have hit upon an open wound with several posters on this message board.

Very much listen to the rant you are sure to get from wh, which I do believe is legit. There should be some closer parking.

Generally I have my brother drop me off and he walks the longer distance because, well, I'm generally lazy.

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

wh

Quote from: historyman on November 06, 2023, 06:24:15 AM
Quote from: Touron on November 05, 2023, 03:29:49 PM

You have hit upon an open wound with several posters on this message board.

Very much listen to the rant you are sure to get from wh, which I do believe is legit. There should be some closer parking.

Generally I have my brother drop me off and he walks the longer distance because, well, I'm generally lazy.

Thank you for the introduction, HM. lol Touron, I won't bore you with the sordid history of the ARC parking situation. To your point, you haven't seen anything yet. IMO the simplest of several poor options are the parking lots located on LaPorte Av., 1 block due north of the ARC and immediately west of the Nursing building. It is a full block+ walk, but it is on a fully lit super wide walkway the whole way. I think it's free over there, but I'm not positive. Enjoy the game!

Touron

Thanks for the suggestions re: parking

Chairback

Believe it or not, they used to charge for parking by the nursing building.  That was 4-5 years ago. 

It lasted maybe a few weeks and I do think some posters on this board helped in getting rid of that. 

A total screw the few fans that actually go over moment.