• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Win Loss Record Valpo's next 7 games

Started by AB, January 21, 2024, 06:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AB

Home versus MO State, Evansville, Belmont, No Iowa
@ So Illinois, @ Drake, @ Indiana State

I'll go with 4-3

vufan75

I'll guess 2 and 5.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

justducky

I'll start by saying that we will likely not be favored in any so we could have 7 solid basketball outings and still maybe not reach my 2-5 projection.  For maintaining team momentum it will be important to remain respectably close for these probable road losses.

covufan

We will need a miracle to win 5. With some continued good play we have a chance to win 4. Most likely 2-3 wins.

I'm going with 4-3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valpotx

3-4 with wins against MO State & Evansville, and a surprise versus either Belmont or UNI at home.
"Don't mess with Texas"

JD24

1-6 was my first thought but I don't want to be too much of a downer

2-5 I'll go with.

mj

This stretch of MVC play is really going to tell us where we're at with the program. 1 win is bare minimum. 2 wins is good progress. 3 or more means this program is on the rise and has the chance to be a contender in the next year or two.

I believe that we will win.

historyman

Quote from: covufan on January 21, 2024, 07:31:12 PM
We will need a miracle to win 5. With some continued good play we have a chance to win 4. Most likely 2-3 wins.

I'm going with 4-3

I could possibly see us beating Mo St & Evansville but out of Belmont, No Iowa
So Illinois, Drake, & Indiana State which two do you think we'll realistically beat?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

covufan

Quote from: historyman on January 21, 2024, 09:58:21 PM
Quote from: covufan on January 21, 2024, 07:31:12 PM

I'm going with 4-3

I could possibly see us beating Mo St & Evansville but out of Belmont, No Iowa
So Illinois, Drake, & Indiana State which two do you think we'll realistically beat?
I think we have a chance at home against Belmont and N Iowa. This may be more hope than think we win. Of the next 7, we have a chance in these games, especially at home.

VULB#62

crusadermoe

2-5.  Hope we compete reasonably in those 3 tough road games. But wins not likely.

VALPO LI

Next 3 Road games will be tough.
League Play
SIU 4-4 (lost last 3 after beating Valpo)
Drake 7-1
Ind St. 7-1

Win 3 home games to go 3-4 vs UE, MoSt, and UNI.
Shine on Vu

humbleopinion

Keeping expectations low, hoping to be pleasantly surprised...

1-6
Beamin' Beacons

historyman

Quote from: VULB#62 on January 22, 2024, 06:43:52 PM
Why was SIU  left out?

Quote from: AB on January 21, 2024, 06:19:52 PM
Home versus MO State, Evansville, Belmont, No Iowa
@ So Illinois, @ Drake, @ Indiana State

I'll go with 4-3

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

vu84v2

2-5, but the continued gradual increase in the quality of play will be a sign of progress.

David81

I'll go with an optimistic 3-4. Modest progress on the W-L, as Coach Powell said in his last post-game, turning some of those Ls into Ws.

VULB#62

Until MSU just beat Drake, I was kinda thinking we'd squeak out one win and possibly two. Uhhh.... i guess not.

SG

I know they lost last night to SIU, but I was super impressed w/ the growth in this team.  All the credit in the world to Xavier Johnson of SIU.

AB

Mo State is capable of getting on a roll, with their helter-skelter playground style. They have the talent and were up for the challenge against Drake last night, but down against Ill State. Very inconsistent team. If they are making shots, very tough team to defend. I counted this as a win, but now I'm going to rethink this. I could see this game being in the high 80's. To me, they seem to be a more difficult team to defend than SIU