• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

#22 in poll...

Started by 78crusader, December 06, 2011, 03:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

78crusader

If this has already been shared, I apologize, but the Mid-Major poll has us at #22.  CSU is #5 and Butler is #24.  Oakland is #18. The Missouri Valley leads the way with 4 teams; the West Coast and the Horizon each have three teams in the rankings.

Creighton is the top ranked team.  They are really good and there is a kid on that team, McDermott, who has a chance to be a lottery pick.  At least that's what the Des Moines Register says. 

Paul

sectionee

Its been shared already, but we don't mind reading good news like this multiple times!!

valpopal

After our win over Bowling Green, Valpo has moved closer to re-entering the Mid-Major Top 25, which today lists the Crusaders just outside at Number 26:

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/

valpotx

I know that some people have been critical about us worrying about the mid-major poll, but I like that there is such a poll.  There are how many teams considered mid/low-majors?  250+??  To be ranked in the top 25 out of that many teams is a solid achievement, even though you of course don't want to diminish such schools by saying they need a separate poll.  A conundrum  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"