• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

12/10/11: Bowling Green Game Thread

Started by DMvalpo18, December 08, 2011, 10:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMvalpo18

I have written the preview for Saturday's game against Bowling Green. Check it out. I'm still learning at this.

http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2011/12/bowling-green-preview.html

valpotx

I don't know anything about Bowling Green this year, but I say:

Valpo 72
Bowling Green 64
"Don't mess with Texas"

rlh

This will be a tougher game then many of you suspect.....we better come out ready to battle....I was at that game over there two years ago, and they physically pounded us from the get go....expect it to be physical as hell.....

covufan

Quote from: rlh on December 09, 2011, 08:13:52 AM
This will be a tougher game then many of you suspect.....we better come out ready to battle....I was at that game over there two years ago, and they physically pounded us from the get go....expect it to be physical as hell.....

I also expect it to be tough.  In the end, we'll hit a few threes and our FTs:

Valpo  -  74
BG      -  60

swiftmutiny

sectionee

Valpo has never beaten Bowling Green in 8 tries. Time to buck that trend!

DMvalpo18

Quote from: sectionee on December 09, 2011, 03:31:42 PM
Valpo has never beaten Bowling Green in 8 tries. Time to buck that trend!

This a great opportunity to do it. A solid team with the home crowd behind them will be fun!

valpopal

We're favored by 7, so I will say we just beat the spread:

Valpo  75
BG      67

grad66

Hopefully, everyones head will be in the game for ALL 40 minutes!  Go Crusaders!! :thumbsup:

valpo04

I've setup a chat/video combo, similar to what the Valpo Athletics site has, at the bottom of this forum.  I know you all chat there during home games, but I would like you to try out my setup today and let me know what you'd like changed so we can get it right before the next road game.

I have attempted to make the video and chat boxes small enough to fit on laptops/netbooks so that is why they aren't bigger.

sectionee

Full parking lots and free McDonald's samples..I will be tweeting away from the ARC

sectionee

govalpogo

Hopefully this exciting win will keep the students coming back for more next semester!  A mature showing today, they didn't fold after losing that 11 point lead, they fought to the end and it paid off! 

sectionee

There were lots of students there, but only a handful participating.  I sent a tweet to Beyondthearc which they forwarded on...the balloons aren't for hats.  Rediculous

DMvalpo18

kenney had a poster dunk at the end! it was awesome. but seriously, i wish that lead would not have evaporated like it did. i suppose we faced some adversity as a result though.

valpofan56

Quote from: sectionee on December 10, 2011, 09:32:07 PM
There were lots of students there, but only a handful participating.  I sent a tweet to Beyondthearc which they forwarded on...the balloons aren't for hats.  Rediculous

I've got a lot of pet peeves, but this is probably at the top of my list. The word is ridiculous!

sectionee

Quote from: valpofan56 on December 10, 2011, 09:41:09 PMI've got a lot of pet peeves, but this is probably at the top of my list. The word is ridiculous!

That brought a lot to this conversation.  If that is my only spelling error I will consider that post a success. The position of editor is available for SectionEE.  Doesn't pay well, but we'll keep you plenty busy.

valpofan56

Quote from: sectionee on December 10, 2011, 09:48:06 PM
Quote from: valpofan56 on December 10, 2011, 09:41:09 PMI've got a lot of pet peeves, but this is probably at the top of my list. The word is ridiculous!

That brought a lot to this conversation.  If that is my only spelling error I will consider that post a success. The position of editor is available for SectionEE.  Doesn't pay well, but we'll keep you plenty busy.

Wasn't trying to be overly nit-picky, that's just something that, for whatever reason, drives me nuts, and I see it all the time. That is all.

Back on topic, it was good to see Valpo pull out the close win and continue to be pretty clutch down the stretch.  Unfortunately the reason the game was close was due to another awful second half start. I'll take that over choking down the stretch like Valpo did a lot of last year though.

Ryan Broekhoff is a beast!

sectionee

Rowdy had a great first half and Jay carried us in the second.  http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2011/12/game-wrap-up-dunk-of-year-goes-to.html

56, I'm not a real good speller.  Sorry I got offended there, thats not like me!

chairback

Back to basketball.....who gives a crap about misspelled words.

Good game.  Bogan and Edwards struggled tonight.  Harris has to be getting the start over Bogan going forward.  Edwards,
from a fans prospective, wasnt going all out tonight.

Bryce did a good job down the stretch.  He kept them together and focused.

RS

Just back from the game and yes it certainly was exciting. But the score was more indicative of VU losing Buggs. Buggs plays great defense and adds so much to our team speed. No one could handle Crawford in the second half and it almost cost us the game. Hopefully injury was not too serious as he did return to bench with his knee wrapped. Harris , Broekoff , Van Wijk and Kenney all had good games. A week off now and hopefully time to heal our injuries. Great game. Good win against a very athletic team.

valpotx

Good game, and glad we held on after giving up the lead.  Had me worried for quite awhile in the second half, but I will take worry with a W!!

We need to play Vucic in our conference games.  Even though he didn't score much, in games where Edwards struggles, Vucic needs to play so Richie can learn that over-aggressive shooting can get him put on the bench so he takes more quality shots.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpofan56

Speaking of Buggs, has anybody heard anything yet?

wh

Quote from: chairback on December 10, 2011, 10:01:23 PM
Back to basketball.....who gives a crap about misspelled words.

Good game.  Bogan and Edwards struggled tonight.  Harris has to be getting the start over Bogan going forward.  Edwards,
from a fans prospective, wasnt going all out tonight.

Bryce did a good job down the stretch.  He kept them together and focused.

No doubt about it.  His man beat him down the court on at least one occasion for an easy layup.  He was slow moving into position several times on double teams.  On another occasion he and a BG player were chasing after a loose ball along the baseline.  The BG player dove for the ball.  Richie reached out but didn't dive on the floor.  The BG player controlled the ball.  It's pretty obvious that he is not used to playing high intensity defense.  I think that cost him playing time tonight, which is a good lesson that playing time has to be earned on the defensive end.  We have a lot of guys that bust their butts every minute they're out there.  It's not fair to them when one of their teammates is "coasting." 

Valpo925

Buggs just tweeted "Knee is fine, just hyperextended... Nothing serious!!" Glad to hear he will be ok!