• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

1/26/12: @ Green Bay Game Thread

Started by DMvalpo18, January 24, 2012, 10:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMvalpo18

To be honest folks, at this point in the season there aren't too many things to say that haven't been said before. But still, I present to you a little piece about Thursday's game.

http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2012/01/game-preview-vaplo-at-green-bay.html

sectionee

I'd be happy with that result! I'm interested to see if GB's young guards can keep playing as well as they have been or if they will hit a wall in the second half of the season.

DMvalpo18

Quote from: sectionee on January 24, 2012, 10:52:37 PM
I'd be happy with that result! I'm interested to see if GB's young guards can keep playing as well as they have been or if they will hit a wall in the second half of the season.

arcenaux (sp?) really lit us up. all i can say is i hope that doesn't happen again!

Crusader03

Quote from: DMvalpo18 on January 24, 2012, 11:15:35 PM

arcenaux (sp?) really lit us up. all i can say is i hope that doesn't happen again!

If you guys want to have an "experts only" chat on the game, feel free to pm me at any time.  We can always Skype, aol instant message, yahoo message, FB chat, MSN message, or even just hotmail our thoughts back and forth.  Just don't want to bore the board with stuff that is over their heads.  LMKIYLTIAWMYWLTU

Crusader03

chef, I see you lurking and would like to invite you to hotmail with us as well...

vusupporter

Quote from: Crusader03 on January 24, 2012, 11:18:11 PM

If you guys want to have an "experts only" chat on the game, feel free to pm me at any time.  We can always Skype, aol instant message, yahoo message, FB chat, MSN message, or even just hotmail our thoughts back and forth.  Just don't want to bore the board with stuff that is over their heads.  LMKIYLTIAWMYWLTU

And meanwhile, those of us who actually know what team Arceneaux plays for will stay over here.

Crusader03

Quote from: vusupporter on January 25, 2012, 09:18:58 AM
Quote from: Crusader03 on January 24, 2012, 11:18:11 PM

And meanwhile, those of us who actually know what team Arceneaux plays for will stay over here.

Why the venom, supporter?

sectionee

Quote from: vusupporter on January 25, 2012, 09:18:58 AMAnd meanwhile, those of us who actually know what team Arceneaux plays for will stay over here.

Whats with the shot at DMV, we all make a mistake once in a while? Take your shots at Sader03 he is the crazy one, and if you do you might just make his next video.

govalpogo

Crusader03

Quote from: sectionee on January 25, 2012, 10:40:35 AM
Quote from: vusupporter on January 25, 2012, 09:18:58 AMAnd meanwhile, those of us who actually know what team Arceneaux plays for will stay over here.

Whats with the shot at DMV, we all make a mistake once in a while? Take your shots at Sader03 he is the crazy one, and if you do you might just make his next video.

Yeah, what he said!!

agibson

Quote from: govalpogo on January 25, 2012, 11:08:46 AM
I thought it was a shot at 03.

Yeah, that was my feeling as well.  At least, that's who I'd have been targeting!  DMValpo may have gotten caught in the cross-fire.

I mean,

Quote from: Crusader03 on January 24, 2012, 11:18:11 PMJust don't want to bore the board with stuff that is over their heads.

Seriously?

Crusader03

Quote from: agibson on January 25, 2012, 01:37:25 PM
Quote from: govalpogo on January 25, 2012, 11:08:46 AM
I thought it was a shot at 03.

Yeah, that was my feeling as well.  At least, that's who I'd have been targeting!  DMValpo may have gotten caught in the cross-fire.

I mean,

Quote from: Crusader03 on January 24, 2012, 11:18:11 PMJust don't want to bore the board with stuff that is over their heads.

Seriously?

Dead seriously.

johnestuff

Back to the thread, how difficult will it be to sweep the Wisconsin road trip? Too bad that Milwaukee is the second game, as that is one we can't afford to lose due to tie breaker implications. We definitely have the team to win both, but can we keep the lethargy out?

I'm looking for a double digit win Thursday, and 5 on Saturday.

valpopal

Apparently, Valpo is a 2-point underdog for this game. I will hope for an upset:

Valpo  72
Green Bay 68

valporun

Didn't UWGB just have someone go down for the season with an ACL tear? How much will that affect how Alec Brown plays inside?

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valporun on January 25, 2012, 02:34:37 PM
Didn't UWGB just have someone go down for the season with an ACL tear? How much will that affect how Alec Brown plays inside?

that may well depend on how much he gets beaten around by vucic, just like last time. this is one of those few instances when vucic actually matches up well with somebody.

agibson

Was it in practice, a couple of days after the Valpo game?  In any case, Daniel Turner (sophomore forward, 6' 6", 220 lbs) scored 11 points on us December 31, tore his ACL, and is out for the season.  He was averaging almost 21 minutes, about 5 ppg and 5 rpg.

Jarvis Williams, senior forward (? at 6'6" 190?), played the first eight games of the season 17 mpg, 5 ppg, and is out for the season with a foot injury.

Looks like it's been a lot of Brown and Cougill since then.  With some help from Mays (6'9" 220  freshman, now playing 10-15 mpg, up a bit) and a little from Heuer (6'9" 237 sophomore).  But, it's got to mean they're going small more often.

agibson

To avoid starting a new thread, I'll tangent a bit:

Quote from: johnestuff on January 25, 2012, 02:07:16 PMToo bad that Milwaukee is the second game

Speaking of Milwaukee, I saw that there's a student bus planned for the Milaukee game.  $15 gets you a ride to Milwaukee, breakfast on the bus, a ticket, and back by 7:00 PM.  Not a bad deal!

valpopal

Quote from: agibson on January 25, 2012, 02:50:48 PM

Was it in practice, a couple of days after the Valpo game?  In any case, Daniel Turner (sophomore forward, 6' 6", 220 lbs) scored 11 points on us December 31, tore his ACL, and is out for the season.  He was averaging almost 21 minutes, about 5 ppg and 5 rpg.

Turner actually tore his ACL during the Valpo game.

DMvalpo18

my bad. i meant armstead. for some reason i confused him with arceneaux.

Crusader03

Quote from: DMvalpo18 on January 25, 2012, 03:54:23 PM
my bad. i meant armstead. for some reason i confused him with arceneaux.

Haters gon' hate...

FWalum

Quote from: Crusader03 on January 24, 2012, 11:18:11 PMIf you guys want to have an "experts only" chat on the game, feel free to pm me at any time.  We can always Skype, aol instant message, yahoo message, FB chat, MSN message, or even just hotmail our thoughts back and forth.  Just don't want to bore the board with stuff that is over their heads.  LMKIYLTIAWMYWLTU

Obviously the video is pretty d#$% funny, so I don't really know if your being serious about this "experts only" chat or forum.  Who will be checking the resumes and defining the qualification? Maybe you would not meet my standard of an "expert".  I think things are fine just the way they are on the forum.  I don't really think we are boring anyone.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpotx

Valpo 76
Green Bay 69

Hopefully Brown doesn't dominate us like he did last year.
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Valpo 60
Green Bay 75

VUfan

VU 72 UWGB 67  Brown gets his points but he works hard for then and we cut off the inside out passes. my hope!