• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2011-2012 Horizon League Men's Basketball Season Champions

Started by MattCarter, February 21, 2012, 10:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Quote from: bballraider on February 22, 2012, 09:12:44 PM
Just wanted to congratulate your fans and team on their first basketball league championship. Good Luck in the tourney (unless you meet the Raiders of course).

Classy post from someone I have come to learn is one of the most knowledgeable and loyal HL fans anywhere.  Thanks for the kind words, bballraider.  Best of luck to the Raiders!

GoPanthers33

Congrats on the title guys. All I can say is enjoy it as much as you can because you never know when you will have this again.

It felt great last year to win the league up until the finals  :(

Good luck in the HLT unless you run into the Panthers!

And if you do win and make the NCAA's I'll be pulling for ya with all I've got as I do every year for the Horizon League! We have a 7 year streak on the line so no pressure if you make it  ;D

rink

Major congrats to the team on the season championship.  Love the thought of a new banner going up to say we were the best in 11-12 ... and the HL is nothing to sneeze at ... compared with, say, MidCon/Summit.  Definitely something to be proud of, much more impressive than getting lucky and winning a couple of games in the conference tournament and ending up in the big dance.*  I'll take conference champs every time.

*Speaking of which, my biggest fear is losing to Butler in the Horizon tourney to watch them go dancing AGAIN.  Please Lord, anything but that.  Valpo would be great, but I'll take anyone but Butler....