• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 1, University of Indianapolis, November 3

Started by vu72, November 01, 2015, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

This could be a very good test as the Greyhounds have been to multiple D2 National tourneys.  They also play an exhibition against Auburn. Their roster includes 5 D1 transfers including players from Indiana State, Murray State, Liberty, Idaho State and Furman.  They aren't terribly big with one player at 6'9' and three at 6'7".

This is a scholarship program ranked 8th nationally in D2 in the coaches poll.  We need to not take these guys lightly.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

Valpofan00

Smj

Is everybody healthy for this game?  (I remember a couple were still nursing injuries)

vu72

Wow!  Not much chatter with the season starting!  Where is everybody?  I would think Paul will have an article in tomorrow's paper.

My guess is that E will not be ready but is an entire guess.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

agibson

I'd be pretty surprised to see E Vic playing.

Tuesday 7 PM tip... Valparaiso public schools do a "late start Wednesday", 30 minutes delayed start on Wednesdays for teacher meetings, etc.

That means it's OK for kids to go to a Tuesday evening basketball game, right? ;)   Looks like maybe streaming audio, no video?

vu72

Quote from: agibson on November 02, 2015, 09:30:51 AM
I'd be pretty surprised to see E Vic playing.

Tuesday 7 PM tip... Valparaiso public schools do a "late start Wednesday", 30 minutes delayed start on Wednesdays for teacher meetings, etc.

That means it's OK for kids to go to a Tuesday evening basketball game, right? ;)   Looks like maybe streaming audio, no video?

I was surprised that the women's game and this game aren't streaming.  Don't recall any home games not on the net before.

Does Bryce go with the "same starting five"?  I suspect Shane is out for this game unless the suspension required it be regular season games.  Do we run 10 guys at em?  Should be fun to see/hear!  :(

vusupporter

Almost positive that exhibitions have never been video streamed.

agibson

Quote from: vu72 on November 02, 2015, 11:01:02 AMI suspect Shane is out for this game unless the suspension required it be regular season games. 

I'd forgotten the reason for Shane's suspension!  Ah, those were the days.  Did somebody fall through a ceiling while they were hiding, or was it not _quite_ that zany?

I'm not so surprised the exhibition's not on video. But I have no clear memory.

I remember very well that until around the start of conference play games were not available on archive, video-on-demand style, in the HLN video days.

valpo64

It's hard to believe that we would suspend one of our players a game/or games for attending a party where drinking was going on while an Ohio State QB gets a  one game suspension for DUI!   LOL!..    Ah, yes... love the big time college athletics.  Oh, I almost forgot, that QB didn't hit anyone or wasn't involved in an accident so it was only a "minor"infraction.   

agibson

I guess one football game is the equivalent of 2 or so basketball games?

But, yeah, the lack of good judgment involved in the two incidents doesn't seem on par.

VUfan

oklahomamick

I suspect Bryce will use a 10 man rotation as its an exhibition game. 
CRUSADERS!!!

agibson

Quote from: VUfan on November 02, 2015, 05:34:40 PM
Is WVUR Carrying the game? :)

There's a link up, at least.

http://tunein.com/radio/The-Source-951-s23659/

For the exhibitions, does my memory serve correctly that we've not always had our regular season broadcast crew?

valporun

We've always had Todd Ickow calling the exhibitions, if Crusader football wasn't on the road playing the same day, but not always sure about the color commentator being the regular season guy or the SID. I don't ever recall the exhibition games having video streaming, but audio streaming always depended on when the game was being played, and if equipment was available. I do look forward to tonight's game though.

I'm guessing there hasn't been a lot of talk about this game because it's an exhibition game, and we all know that rotations aren't set in stone, depending on whom we were playing against. I would expect a 10-man rotation, but if for some reason, UIndy isn't playing up to par, or we have a huge lead, I would expect the 5 guys not starting or being first 5 off the bench to see a little action in this game (including walk-ons and the couple of guys who aren't game ready for this level of basketball yet). I would also think the Hammink suspension would be for regular season games. I mean I would understand if Hammink didn't play this game, by coach's decision, but if he's dressed as though he's going to play, but doesn't come off the bench, that would answer our question, as suspended players usually aren't on the bench, but do have to be in the arena.

wh

In case we don't broadcast it - Per UIndy bb website their school's radio station 88.7 WICR will be broadcasting the game. Live streaming works on my I-phone.

VULB#62

Brandon Vickrey will be making the call.

[tweet]661213107436523520[/tweet]

valpo64

Did anyone hear anything about the "practice" vs Northwestern?

Valpofan00

valpo84

And just to be clear about OSU's QB, he was charged with OVI and he was underage which makes the OVI level .02 not the typical .08. Plus he was dinged on his summer schollie benefits. And a suspension for Minny is equivalent to a one-game exhibition game...   ::)
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

VULB#62

Quote from: Valpofan00 on November 03, 2015, 03:29:46 PM
So there will be a video stream tonight?

Just audio (WVUR - Brandon Vickrey) and GameTracker are listed on the Valpo site.  No video listed.

wh

Rec'd the following email re. ARC parking for the bb season:

VALPOATHLETICS.COM

It's finally here! Happy Valpo Game Day!
As we approach basketball season here at Valparaiso University, there will be several parking lots available for game days this season.  Lot 43 (near Guild/Memorial), Lot 45 (Athletics-Recreation Center), and the Fitness Center Lot will be in-use during home men's basketball games.
These lots will provide parking for season ticket holders, donors, and handicapped individuals.  Access to the above mentioned lots will help enhance the game day experience for all our fans.
Please note the following parking lot designations on game days during the 2015-2016 season:
Lot 43
The two rows on the west side of the lot will be reserved for special parking pass holders.
Lot 45
(ARC Lot) Designated for Men's Basketball Season parking pass holders.
Fitness Center Lot
Will accommodate our fans with special needs.
Alternative parking will be available in nearby lots on game day including the Remote Location parking lots just north of the ARC.  These parking lots are conveniently within walking distance to the ARC.
Parking Garage and Lot 34, Lot 36 and Lot 37 are all available for fan parking.  There will also be the Valparaiso University Transportation Service available for shuttle to the ARC complete with wheelchair accessibility if needed.  In addition to the Transport Service, there also is a lighted sidewalk that connects the above mentioned parking lots to the west entrance of the ARC.
For a map and updated information throughout the season, please visit the Auxilary Services webpage.

Go Valpo!

VALPARAISO UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS

#GoValpo #ValpoGameday

1-877-MY-VU-TIX
1009 UNION ST, VALPARAISO, IN 46383-6493 USA
valpoathletics.com

justducky

Quote from: valpo64 on November 03, 2015, 02:58:20 PMDid anyone hear anything about the "practice" vs Northwestern?
Yes but we have all been sworn to not repeat a word of it.  :)  Or to say it another way, "No"!

Chairback

From what I heard we got spanked bad by Northwestern.  25+ and our offense was bad. 

govalpogo

I was impressed tonight...by the WVUR radio broadcast crew.  Well done, gentlemen! :thumbsup:

hailcrusaders

I only listened to the second half (followed the first on twitter). Peters was nothing less than impressive. Aside from that, slightly disappointed that we gave up 40 second half points to a DII team (albeit a good one). Also, the more points Peters scores (or has to), that means we're getting less production from others. Would have liked to see a little more out of other players is all.

What do we think of this whole 30-second shot clock deal? We'll see less of the low-scoring, grind-it-out, Bo Ryan/Billy Donlon style play that the Crusaders got fairly good at last year.
#CrusadersForever