• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Men's Basketball Press Conference on Tuesday (Reports: Bryce to be Head Coach)

Started by valpopal, May 16, 2011, 02:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sectionee

I have to agree with Valpo89....completely ridiculous.  If you want a winner you need coaches fully devoted to one team for one cause. This is almost as bad as the thread that has turned into an abbreviation discussion.

ValpoHoops

NCAA rules dictate that you may have four coaches that work with players on the court, and four coaches that are allowed to recruit (the same four).

If you have a coach working for both teams, who do they recruit for, given that the recruiting periods are during the same times? Who do they travel with when the teams are in different cities?

Also, saying "a good big man coach" might be great for the men's game, but MBB and WBB are vastly different when it comes to position coaches. Yes, someone could be good at both, but the approaches have to be different, as the skill set is different.

DMvalpo18

i have no idea how on earth it would ever occur to fuse two different programs, and two vastly different games (men's and women's basketball) for the sake of unifying the athletic department. national headlines? oh yeah, you would get that. it would be nothing more than a publicity stunt, and a worthless one. here's an idea. let's get our name out there by WINNING.

dcvalpo

Ok ok, enough with the flames...I get it, you guys don't like my idea.  I said from the start that it probably wasn't feasible...just worth a quick talk.

Let's get back on topic here

DMvalpo18

Quote from: dcvalpo on May 19, 2011, 10:02:22 PM
Ok ok, enough with the flames...I get it, you guys don't like my idea.  I said from the start that it probably wasn't feasible...just worth a quick talk.

Let's get back on topic here

somehow bryce got grouped with freeman, and how there should be a combined basketball program. calling that out of the box is a euphamism. but i at least i will give you credit for trying to think of something new. despite how out of the ordinary it may be.

dcvalpo

Thanks DM, I'm just trying to think of some interesting alternatives here..don't shoot the messenger, guys!  :P