• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

NCAA map

Started by bg321, July 10, 2011, 01:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bg321

Not really a topic of discussion, but thought you guys might be interested in this map. It's amazing how dramatically clean the imaginary line is that splits the country right down the middle.

http://collegesportsinfo.com/ncaa-map/
Life Is Good

valpotx

Geez, never realized how many more schools are from the mid-point to the East coast! 
"Don't mess with Texas"

StlVUFan

When did Nebraska-Omaha join the Summit League?

Interesting website :)

zvillehaze

Quote from: StlVUFan on July 10, 2011, 08:27:30 PM

Don't feel bad ... I've got a kid who plays in the Summit and I can't keep track!  I think Nebraska-Omaha joins in 2012.  University of South Dakota joins this year.  With Centenary gone and Southern Utah on the way out, the Summit is managing to compress their footprint while keeping the numbers up.   

StlVUFan

Quote from: zvillehaze on July 10, 2011, 09:27:53 PM

Don't feel bad ... I've got a kid who plays in the Summit and I can't keep track!  I think Nebraska-Omaha joins in 2012.  University of South Dakota joins this year.  With Centenary gone and Southern Utah on the way out, the Summit is managing to compress their footprint while keeping the numbers up.   

I knew about U-SD, but I didn't know about Neb-Omaha (or else I forgot).

valpotx

With Centenary and SUU out, the conference travel is so much better.  The travel in the Mid-Con was not fun to do as a student athlete...
"Don't mess with Texas"

lowposter

Great map.  Thanks for the link. 

This shows how travel friendly the HL is.  That and the MAC are great mid major conferences that allow a travel.

IndyValpo

Quote from: StlVUFan on July 10, 2011, 09:36:56 PM
Quote from: zvillehaze on July 10, 2011, 09:27:53 PM

I knew about U-SD, but I didn't know about Neb-Omaha (or else I forgot).

The UNO deal was an interesting one. This was somewhat of a budget move for them as they dropped scholarship football and wrestling to make this move.  I believe they dropped them the week after they won the D2 Wrestling championship.

PatVU07

UNO has also been in the news quite a bit the past couple weeks with the announcement of the new College Hockey conferences that were needed after the Big Ten was able to create their own conference and shake things up.