• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

GAME #1: VUFB @ EKU 8/29. 6:00pm

Started by VULB#62, August 25, 2019, 03:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpofb16

valpofb16

Chris Duncan fumble, recovered for touchdown 15-0, 12:17 left in 1st

VUOR63

I'm too cheap to pay for ESPN+ but I'm seeing returns out to the 20 on these kick offs.  Why not fair catch it and take it at the 25?

valpofb16

Michael Scarsella interception down to EKU redzone

VUOR63

Why didn't we open up with Union College like Morehead State did?

valpofb16

Outside zone touchdown EKU 22-0 14:53 2nd

valpofb16

bbtds

It feels like that one commercial about the Tomcats being down 58-0 was inserted for Valpo fans only.  Ouch!

valpofb16

valpofb16

Interception Matt Messler! Offense has been abysmal

bbtds

The video announcer's statement that the Valpo offense is having a difficult night is one of the biggest understatements I have ever heard. The Valpo defense has actually made some very good plays.

valpofb16

Defense has given the offense the ball on the other side of the 50 three times , 2 interceptions, 1 4 and out.

2 missed field goals by Latsonas, A dropped punt by Koehler, Duncan has put the ball on the money exactly 0 times. Also dropped a fumble for a touchdown

Koehler bailed out Duncan on that throw. Put Mullen, Saylers, Ruszkowski, Nimz, anyone in. I'd take SOPH Ryan Clarke over this, he could accurately throw further than 7 yards.

Also has anyone else notice the pre play motion ball fake? The ball is still on the ground?

bbtds

Quote from: valpofb16 on August 29, 2019, 07:42:46 PM
Defense has given the offense the ball on the other side of the 50 three times , 2 interceptions, 1 4 and out.

2 missed field goals by Latsonas, A dropped punt by Koehler, Duncan has put the ball on the money exactly 0 times. Also dropped a fumble for a touchdown

Koehler bailed out Duncan on that throw. Put Mullen, Saylers, Ruszkowski, Nimz, anyone in. I'd take SOPH Ryan Clarke over this, he could accurately throw further than 7 yards.

Also has anyone else notice the pre play motion ball fake? The ball is still on the ground?

It's time to give another QB a try. Why is another coach falling for Duncan. He must practice a lot better than he plays.

valpofb16

Chris Duncan 51 yd TD pass to Ollie Reese , 32-7 EKU 11:41 left 3rd.

bbtds

Nice! Which Valpo fan brought the whistles and made the EKU defense quit on the Valpo TD?

valpofb16

bbtds

Third quarter score is 7-7. That is an accomplishment. The Colonels have subbed out their better rushers and corner containment men

bbtds

You wonder if the Valpo offense will be able to push Boxrucker into the end zone. 

VULB#62

Just tuned in at the end of Q3.  Wow, are we small on D.  Some of the camera angles make us out to be munchkins compared to the EKU front five.

Inside the EKU 50 eight times but only one score?

EKU seems to be ignoring Duncan on the run/read but it seems that it is always a hand-off anyway.

JD24

STs in general have been abysmal. The snap to the holder has to get better has there have been 3 bounces on placekicks and one to the punter has been bounced. The punter's first two were bad kicks. The TO has been mentioned already.

Duncan has been very shaky.

Which defensive player is wearing #3? It's not Shannon.

VULB#62

I was about to say if we can keep it under 40 this will be a decent result. Then BAM, an 86 yd run for a TD. 46-7.

Time for a new QB to see what someone other than Duncan can do.

valpofb16

Peifer in #3, Twigg is also doubled number as 21/28 on roster. If this is because we don't have the jerseys or money for the jerseys that is quite embarrassing. Also speaking of which, 240 lb running back, 84 yards touchdown run.

45-EKU
7-Valpo

Duncan labeled shaky isn't even funny, he's the worst consistently starting QB since at least 2000

VULB#62

Chris has, for the time he has been under center, never calmed his nerves down.  He drops simple snaps, hurries passes.  His brain has to slow down and see what's in front of him, but I just don't think he can.  But the one guy I don't want to see here is Jimmy right now. 

bbtds

Quote from: valpofb16 on August 29, 2019, 08:46:28 PMDuncan labeled shaky isn't even funny

Another huge understatement minus the throw to Reese for the TD with whistles blowing near the field but not by the refs.

usc4valpo

Can you really get a feel for this team after a mismatch like this?