• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Indiana High School State Tournament

Started by M, February 25, 2019, 11:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M

Which (region or not so region) teams/players are you following during this state tournament?

Teams
I'll be closely watching Valpo HS since thats where I live, Calumet since I teach in that school system, and 21st Century/Kouts/WT.
Valpo - Newman obviously is a Mr. Basketball candidate. I really like how Aerts plays, he is smooth and the fact that he can do just about anything at that size is impressive. Valpo also has a few big strong guys that seem happy to do the dirty work in the lane.

Calumet - Da'Vion Davis can is capable of going off any given night and will probably be a repeat all area selection. His backcourt teammates of Paris Hernandez (think Rajon Rondo numbers) and Jerrell Johnson both play their roles very well. When guys on this team do their jobs right they really are a tough team to beat.

The 1A sectional with 21st Century, Kouts, and Washington Twp is probably one of the best around.  I'm not sure the two PCC schools can beat 21st and Nelly Davis but all three teams have been pretty highly rated in single A this year.

Players
Brandon Newman -Valpo, Sr.  idk when they announce Mr. Basketball but I'm interested to see if how far he can carry this Valpo team.
Nate Aerts - Valpo, Sr.  really under appreciated player by most outside of Valpo, super smoother and can do it all.
G'Angelo Reillo - Whiting, Sr. has some D1 offers and is another stat sheet filler, a scoring machine. On a terrible team but is capable of 30 points or more every single game
Jake Wadding - Chesterton, Jr.   match up nightmare. I'm not sure he has the help to do much this year but he is only a junior and should put up good numbers against whoever Chesterton sees.
Jonelle Davis - 21st Centry, Jr.  has several nice D1 offers and is a stat sheet filler. I think 21st is going to make a deep run.
Da'Vion Davis - Calumet New Tech, Jr.  is a scoring machine. They won the sectional as an underdog last year, can he lead his team when they're the favorites?
Keon Thompson - Merrillville, Soph. he can fill it up. Can he carry M'ville to a sectional upset?
Jalen Bullock - Michigan City, Fr.  who was poached from the middle school I teach/coach at. He is going to be a good one and at 6'6'' or so might be a name we hear from in another year or two

bbtds

Do you know if there is any way to watch the Regions sectional/regional games by internet feed?

M

I'm not 100% sure. During season WJOB has broadcasted some games you can stream. Maybe the rules change during the state tourney?? The wrestling state finals and girls finals were broadcasted by the ihsaa but I'd think that was strictly for the end of those tournaments.

M

Region sports network had the Valpo Merrillville game tonight. Would be a good source for more games this week(end).