• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Opponents Scoreboard 2014-2015 Season

Started by motowntitan, November 02, 2014, 09:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Oakland CIT game on now on CollegeInsider.com

2nd half - Oakland down 8

agibson

They'd won @CSU, and now @Oakland as well.  Maybe the OVC is tougher than I give them credit for.

bbtds

Quote from: agibson on March 17, 2015, 08:09:23 PM
They'd won @CSU, and now @Oakland as well.  Maybe the OVC is tougher than I give them credit for.

I'd always thought some on this board were way too hard on the OVC. Just because there are a greater % of decent to good teams in the HL doesn't mean that the middle range of the OVC is $h!t.

But then again maybe the Grizzlies should have learned to play some defense when they played those 6 big conference teams. Including one MD team.

oklahomamick

So, OVC #6 beat our HL #3?  Oakland forgot how to play defense.  Felder had 37 points!  25% of those were from the free throw line. 
CRUSADERS!!!

a3uge

It's okay, their RPI will rise every day because they played a tough non-con schedule.

LaPorteAveApostle

If only it could lift them over .500.

KEEP TRYING!  Someday you'll get there, Oakland. 
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

valpo64

King Kampe blows another one...and I believe it was at home.  The king is dead...long live the king.

talksalot

I was looking for a replay... watchcollegeinsider.com does not have any "on Demand" videos... the CSU-WMU game will be on about 6pm Central

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

sliman

Green Bay looked bad in losing at Illinois State (although the Redbirds finished the season very strong).  Guess we have to root for Cleveland State to save face for the HL?

oklahomamick

Yeah, Illinois State is good.  Would like to have Reggie Lynch.  Only a sophomore.  Him and Alec would be awsome together.

And then there were CSU and Valpo left. 
CRUSADERS!!!

vu72

Quote from: oklahomamick on March 18, 2015, 09:26:05 PM
Yeah, Illinois State is good. Would like to have Reggie Lynch.  Only a sophomore.  Him and Alec would be awsome together.

And then there were CSU and Valpo left. 

They are good but--Green Bay needs a new coach.  In our final we were down by 6 at half and won by 10.  In the game GB was up by 6 and was outscored by 20 in the second half.  Feels like our women's team. That's a combo of being outscored by 36 over their last two games in the second half.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

oklahomamick

If you look at the uwgb board, they want a new coach too.  They are hoping DePaul will hire wardle away.  Wishfull thinking....  They also want their old AD who is at NKU to hire away Wardle.  To be fair, he makes the least in the HL.  With their basketball budget, I don't know if you can put together a good coaching staff much less a good head coach. 
CRUSADERS!!!

agibson

Cleveland State delivers a 27 point beat down on the road. I'd figured it might be Green Bay picking up  a game or two.  But, if you're motivated, I suppose it's probably easier to win in the CIT.

wh

Starting with the loss to us in our 2nd matchup, Oakland finished the season 4-5. Three possibilities come to mind relative to their late season tailspin: (1) never resting Felder, Williams and Petros finally caught up with them and they simply ran out of gas, (2) related to #1 they simply gave up too many points. It could be lack of desire, lack of coaching emphasis, or more likely an impossible task to give 100% playing 40 minutes. There's a reason coaches rest players, and it's not just to be nice, and (3) they had a more favorable schedule early with home games against the VU, CSU and GB.

classof2014

Both GB and Oakland, both Kampe and Wardle are idiots in different ways. Kampe is very gimmickey to me. Nobody trying to get an O-rebound on a missed FT is simply stupid. He doesn't believe in defense, news flash! Defense wins championships! They're a team that looks better than what they really are. There defense is awful, Petros got a bunch of rebounds because he's big and the only rebounder on the team and was able to get a few O-boards off missed 3-pointers. Felder is good but once again to me his stats are a bit inflated, they run an uptempo game. Rarely do those games work, maybe if you're big-time program and can constantly recruit athletic players but when you have just a few guys who can play that style, and they get tired out when the season is coming to a close because their gassed. I thought Kampe perhaps was onto something when they started the conference season off guns-a-blazing. Perhaps his scheduling is paying off... Nope, they just got lucky and won some games they probably shouldn't have. I do think Oakland will finish in the top half of the HL next season but if they want to compete for the title they need to change quite a few things.

Now to Wardle. IMO, he should've been fired a few years ago during Defe-Gate. He had 2 potential NBA players on his team, back-to-back player of the year, and couldn't win the HL championship. GB stumbled down the stretch, wouldn't shock me if Wardle overworked his players. GB is gonna be middle-of-the-pack team for the next few seasons, at best. They got lucky with Sykes and Brown but didn't do anything with them. They were strong in the regular season but did squat in the post-season.

I hope Wardle is gone. Kampe will be in Oakland until he keels over, King Kampe can do no wrong.

LaPorteAveApostle

agibson

Did we have a better place than this to talk about NIT, CIT, etc. chatter?

CSU up against NJIT tonight.  Probably the only two teams where I feel some kind of a rooting interest, for each.  Remarkable that NJIT's getting some "post-season" success as an independent.  And, emerging from some pretty murky depths.

I hadn't noticed that the CIT's also using the 30 second shot clock this year.  So, UWGB, CSU, and Oakland all getting some game experience with the format that might be the future.

Available streaming, but at $10?  Too rich for my blood, I think.

LaPorteAveApostle

talksalot

80-77 NJIT... and CSU blows a 5-point half-time lead...playing in the NJ fieldhouse...

Here's the twitter feed...   https://twitter.com/CSUVikingshoops   (there's a "gym-shot" to see the venue)
and here's the box:    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400786174

in front of 1,404 crazed fans...

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

talksalot

NEWARK, NJ—Ky Howard drained a huge 3-pointer with 19.7 seconds left, helping NJIT to a thrilling 80-77 victory over Cleveland State in the  second round of the College Insider.com Tournament (CIT) at the Zoom and Estelle Fleisher Athletic Center Monday night.

Estelle and Zoom Fleisher Athletic Center
Teams: Men's and women's basketball, volleyball, swimming, fencing
Main gym underwent a renovation in summer of 2006. Included in the makeover were: installation of a new floor, sound system, lighting, scoreboards, and baskets, a repositioning of the main playing court, and entirely new seating for more then 1,000 spectators after the first phase of the renovation. Future plans include addition of more seating which will nearly double the seating capacity, and a new lobby entrance.

The Highlanders fencing teams practice and host meets in the Fleisher Multi-Purpose Room. This area has three (3) permanent strips, and is equipped with the latest in electrical strips and speed targets.

A six-lane 25 yard pool swimming pool in Fleisher Athletic Center is home to the NJIT men's and women's swim teams.

and maybe someday... they'll update their athletics webpage...

2007-08 NJIT BASKETBALL TICKET PRICES AT FLEISHER ATHLETIC CENTER
General Admission -- $10
Faculty, Staff, Non-NJIT Students -- $5
Children 8-18 -- $5
Children Under 8 -- FREE
NJIT Students -- FREE (w/ ID)

and I know you all want to know about "Zoom"...

http://njithighlanders.com/news/2012/2/20/GEN_0220120101.aspx

Group tickets are available in advance for Fleisher Athletic Center at 973-596-6406
All seating is general admission.

Other Fleisher center amenities include a fitness center, two weight rooms, sauna, training room, locker rooms, racquetball courts, and jogging track.

munchkinsandwich2

Hi guy's its nice and great information thanks