• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Opponents Scoreboard 2014-2015 Season

Started by motowntitan, November 02, 2014, 09:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewsaders11

Big result for Valpo.  Let's still win both games this week though

vu72

So do we still need to win 1 more to clinch?  I need to get my plane tickets!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

FWalum

Let this be a lesson to us, playing any team on senior night is not easy.  Let's seal the deal and win two so that there is no doubt as to who is the HL regular season champions.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

bbtds

Quote from: vu72 on February 22, 2015, 04:38:14 PM
So do we still need to win 1 more to clinch?  I need to get my plane tickets!!

YES! Must beat either UDM OR CSU to host the tournament.

oklahomamick

Felder played entire game except 3 minutes in a 25 point win.  No wonder he leads the nation in minutes played.  Even in blowouts he doesn't sit.
CRUSADERS!!!

bbtds

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 22, 2015, 11:15:58 PM
Felder played entire game except 3 minutes in a 25 point win.  No wonder he leads the nation in minutes played.  Even in blowouts he doesn't sit.
Kampe has a problem letting go. Period. Can't give up the 6 big conference games. Can't put in his sub's. During those last 3 minutes his other three point shooters were pretty hot. Yes, the defense wasn't as good but they were ahead by 29 at one point.

classof2014

I don't understand it when coaches leave in their star players at the end of blowout games. All that can happen is serious injury. The last thing Oakland would want is to have Felder land awkwardly and break his ankle and be done for the rest of the season because the coach left him in a 25 point game with 4 minutes left.

valpo64

Ah, yes...remember you can't argue against "The King" who knows all.  Are you kidding me?  Felder plays about 37 minutes in  a 35 point blowout?  No wonder "The  King"  stands up a lot during games...he doesn't want to sit on his brain.

LaPorteAveApostle

careful no more of that or there'll be another blog post
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

blackpantheruwm

Great game yesterday. Go gettem in the tournament.

wh

Quote from: blackpantheruwm on February 23, 2015, 07:37:26 PM
Great game yesterday. Go gettem in the tournament.

Exciting game to watch; loved the result (obviously).  After I read that Waters blamed the refs for the loss, I liked it even more. ;)

By the way, were you standing court side going a little crazy when Panoski and Tiby were draining those 3's?  Love the passion!  :thumbsup:

StlVUFan

His persona filled up the screen at least once on ASN.  He's demanded screen shot evidence, but I've noticed that the ASN archive of the game is available.  Maybe I'll find it tonight and post it.

a3uge

[tweet]570291316015411200[/tweet]

Petros > Peters?

You can take your unadjusted for minutes stats, we'll take 1st place and an above .500 record.

Kyle321n

He's been trolling (is it trolling if someone from inside the program is promoting it?) twitter lately with how Petros and Felder are the best players in the Horizon.

[tweet]569696578895810561[/tweet]
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

blackpantheruwm

Quote from: Kyle321n on February 24, 2015, 02:11:24 PM
He's been trolling (is it trolling if someone from inside the program is promoting it?) twitter lately with how Petros and Felder are the best players in the Horizon.

[tweet]569696578895810561[/tweet]

Gotta be in the program. That godawful #wearthebear hashtag is only used by AD scrubs at OU. Still, isn't that their job? Shouldn't they be doing spin?

a3uge

Mizzou up 10 with 1:38 left vs Florida. Go Mizzou!

drewsaders11

I live in Columbia, I'm not even really aware that Mizzou has a basketball team haha it is brutal.  Glad they finally won a game, got their RPI on rpiforecast.com up above 200 which is nice for Valpo.  And for what it's worth, I give Kim Anderson (the new Mizzou coach) credit for changing things up and taking his lumps in a major rebuilding year.  Maybe they turn it around soon.  I bet Donovan thought he had win #500 locked up...Mizzou over Kentucky in the SEC final?

Donjon VU07

Quote from: drewsaders11 on February 24, 2015, 10:13:10 PM
I live in Columbia, I'm not even really aware that Mizzou has a basketball team haha it is brutal.  Glad they finally won a game, got their RPI on rpiforecast.com up above 200 which is nice for Valpo.  And for what it's worth, I give Kim Anderson (the new Mizzou coach) credit for changing things up and taking his lumps in a major rebuilding year.  Maybe they turn it around soon.  I bet Donovan thought he had win #500 locked up...Mizzou over Kentucky in the SEC final?

I echo that.  Here in STL, in February, there's more talk about football than basketball.  Not much to be excited about

Fun fact: Not a single one of Missouri's 5 NCAA-D1 schools has a winning record. Of them, only UMKC has a winning conference record (4th in the WAC).  Mizzou is last in the SEC.

agibson

Did I hear correctly that an Oakland player actually got an offensive rebound off a missed free throw?  Despite having no teammates on the lines?

wh

I know that Kampe has won a lot of games over the years, recruits well, and is a good X's and O's coach, but some of the things he does are just strange:

---Never has his players line up on either side of the FT line when Oakland is shooting FT's.  I can probably guess the reasons he would give for doing it, but the fact is no other team I know of does that.  An offensive rebound and put back off a missed FT doesn't happen too often, but it does happen.  Why would you just automatically take away that opportunity?  Who knows, maybe he lost a game sometime because one of his guys went over the back, or something, but again no one else that I know of concedes that but him.
---Never calls a timeout to try to stop the other team's momentum when they get on a run.  In today's game, GB was exploiting a weakness in Oakland's interior defense and suddenly they went from 2 or 3 up to 10-12 up.  But Oakland just continued to play on.  I know all about the benefits of saving timeouts for the end, but because they let the game get out of hand without stopping the clock, the timeouts he saved were useless.
---In the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game, they let GB milk out the entire clock on every possession without fouling or even closely guarding.  GB is one of the worst FT shooting teams in the HL.  Why not put them on the line?  It's as if he determined with about 3 or 4 minutes left that if just wasn't their day, so let's get it over with.
---With about 2 min. left Wardle makes wholesale substitutions knowing the game is over, but Kampe keeps his starters to the end.  Why would you do that?  You've already given up trying to win the game.  Why risk someone getting hurt.  Get them off the court and tell your subs not to foul and let's get this game over with.

Add to these things the weird OOC scheduling thing that no one else does, and he is truly one of a kind. I hate to rip on the guy because he has a good team, they've done very well in conference play, and they're a definite threat to win the tournament.  Maybe he's some great out-of-the-box thinker with insights no one else has.  ???   

oklahomamick

Kampe is like the Mike Leach of basketball. 
CRUSADERS!!!

talksalot

Comparing Valpo, Green Bay and Cleveland State OOC Schedule and results and Sagarin Ratings.

SAGARIN   Rating 14-15      GBAY   Rating 14-15              Clev State        2014-15   
Maine   345   Neutral      Chic St   343   Home              Savannah St   342   Away  L
Ark PB   328   Neutral      Drake   261   Home              Western Ill           320   Home
Drake   261   Neutral      Ark-LR   236   Neutral            Jacksnvll St   309   Home
Ball S   251   Home        E Carol   213   Neutral            Marshall           272   Away
E Ten S   205   Home      Morhd S   186   Home           East Illinois   211   Home  L
IPFW        190  Away          Fla GC   142   Neutral        San Francisco   139   Home
J Mad   184   Away          Eville     123   Neutral           Bowling Green   89   Away  L
Missou   172   Away   L       UC Irv   100   Neutral   L      Iona                 86   Away  L
E Kent   158   Away          Geor St   91   Away     L       Toledo           80   Home  L
N Mex   130   Home   L   Geor St   91   Home                 Virg Common     28   Away  L
Portlnd   121   Neutral      Miami   42   Away                   Louisville           14   Neutral  L
Murry S   67   Neutral      Wiscnsn   5   Away   L              Virginia            2   Away  L
Average     201                            153                                     158   

Best Win:                        Best Win                        Best Win
Murray State 67                  Miami  42                       San Francisco 139

Best Home Win                    Best Home Win                   Best Home Win
E Tenn State 205                 Georgia State  91               San Francisco 139

Worst Loss:                      Worst Loss                      Worst Loss
Missouri 172                     UC Irvine  100                  Savannah State   342

Worst Home Loss                  Worst Home Loss                 Worst Home Loss
New Mexico 130                   N/A                             Eastern Illinois  211

Home Wins: 251,205               Home Wins:  343, 261,186, 91    Home Wins:  320, 309, 139

agibson

I just turned this game on a minute ago, pleasantly surprised to see YSU up 7.  But, they've already frittered it away...

agibson

Calihan looks pretty empty.  They are making some noise, however.

Pathfinder

Snowed in Detroit today. Students are off campus on spring break. And first round games never draw well - crappy opponent, doesn't appear on printed schedules. It's amazing they've got anybody there.