• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2014-15 HL Tournament Thread

Started by wh, March 03, 2015, 05:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamelord

Kinda off topic, but I was wondering if anybody knows how many seats are in a row in section "E"? I know B, C, D have 17 seats but E is much smaller. I bought my tickets two days ago and got row D in section E. I know crap corner seats of visiting bench, but only 4 rows up.

agibson

Quote from: gamelord on March 07, 2015, 11:22:21 AM
Kinda off topic, but I was wondering if anybody knows how many seats are in a row in section "E"? I know B, C, D have 17 seats but E is much smaller. I bought my tickets two days ago and got row D in section E. I know crap corner seats of visiting bench, but only 4 rows up.

Ah, sneaky.  Since that section's sold out there's no easy way to tell through the ticketing web site.

Though I notice tickets are continuing to sell this morning. 

Best single available: Section DD, row KK, 18
Best pair: DD, MM, 14-15

HC

How about that guy who air balled the half court shot, what a bum!

agibson

Quote from: HC on March 07, 2015, 11:58:46 AM
How about that guy who air balled the half court shot, what a bum!

I'm not sure if you're talking about Felder (it was Felder, right?) or the HL promotion!

historyman

Quote from: ValpoHoops on March 06, 2015, 09:39:51 PM
Quote from: agibson on March 06, 2015, 09:23:04 PMNice to have the commentators talking up the Valpo gameday atmosphere.  "It will be _electric_."  When Valpo tips off tomorrow in front of what he assumes will be a sold-out house. And praising our geographic centrality?  I assume the former was not continent on the latter.
I sincerely hope the folks in the arena are continent this evening...

I know one thing if I had read that joke last night I would have had to run for the ARC restroom.   ;D

That would be some kind of ARC-mosphere!    :o
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

wh

Quote from: gamelord on March 07, 2015, 11:22:21 AM

Hey, you're 4 rows off the court at corner court at a jammed packed ARC watching your young, exciting Crusaders play a do-or-die tournament game. Fans of teams that play in big arenas would kill for seats like that. Here's to a big Crusader victory tonight.  :cheers:

HC

I was referring to my halftime air ball...but Felders shot was even further off

justducky

Ok just spotted something that can and needs to be resolved in the future. I would link (if I knew how) the Calendar sports -- TODAY'S TV/RADIO HIGHLIGHTS for today's Post Trib on page 4. Anyway there are a number of games, events listed with their radio or TV coverages and including the IHSAA girls state finals, Flyers at Bruins, Sprint Cup practice, and EPL: Tottenham vs. Queens Park. What is not listed in the College Basketball section is any mention of the game of highest interest for northwest Indiana basketball fans which will be live on ESPNU from the ARC.

How do we allow crap like this to happen and who at the Post Trib do I need to send a picture of my behind to?

agibson

Quote from: HC on March 07, 2015, 12:32:19 PM
I was referring to my halftime air ball...but Felders shot was even further off

Nice!  You won the drawing!  Was it a drawing?  Was there a consolation prize?

Ladyingold

gamelord-I believer there are 8 or 9 seats in lower section E

agibson

Quote from: justducky on March 07, 2015, 12:35:14 PM
Ok just spotted something that can and needs to be resolved in the future. I would link (if I knew how) the Calendar sports -- TODAY'S TV/RADIO HIGHLIGHTS for today's Post Trib on page 4. Anyway there are a number of games, events listed with their radio or TV coverages and including the IHSAA girls state finals, Flyers at Bruins, Sprint Cup practice, and EPL: Tottenham vs. Queens Park. What is not listed in the College Basketball section is any mention of the game of highest interest for northwest Indiana basketball fans which will be live on ESPNU from the ARC.

How do we allow crap like this to happen and who at the Post Trib do I need to send a picture of my behind to?

On a similar note, did the NWI Times even run a gameday piece? When I looked this morning I couldn't find one.

valpo84

Should there be a game link? Who usually starts those. I'm one of those sports guys who likes things to be done the same every game....
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

agibson

Quote from: gamelord on March 07, 2015, 11:51:40 AM
CBS New York- A nice article about Alec Peters and the tournament.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/03/06/valparaiso-forward-alec-peters-shines-in-regular-season-finale/

Nice piece.  Likes us for a 13 seed, if we win, and likes Alec for pre-season player of the year.

I suppose it'll have to wait until after the HL tournament until we get start seeing an uptick in profiles like his.  Knock on wood.

frontrowfan

NWI Times ran an article about Jay Harris on page 6 of the sports section.  Not another word about the tournament or Valpo.   I wrote an email to the sports editor last week complaining about the lack of coverage.  I guess high school sectional coverage sells more paper.

vu72

Now in Valpo and really looking forward to the game.  Great weather and a near capacity crowd is expected. Was able to watch our walk through and also spoke briefly to Bryce.  Everyone is healthy. Oh, and there was a nice article by Psul about Jay Harris and UIC's win this morning (on page 6) but zero about tonight's game. :(
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

agibson

Quote from: vu72 on March 07, 2015, 02:50:19 PM
Now in Valpo and really looking forward to the game.  Great weather and a near capacity crowd is expected. Was able to watch our walk through and also spoke briefly to Bryce.  Everyone is healthy. Oh, and there was a nice article by Psul about Jay Harris and UIC's win this morning (on page 6) but zero about tonight's game. :(

Ah, there it is.  Thanks.  More of a HL-tourney piece than a Valpo game day piece, but not bad.

I didn't realize it was the _NCAA_ trophy!  I saw it on twitter, etc. and thought it was just the HL trophy out for an early stroll.

justducky

Quote from: agibson on March 07, 2015, 02:37:04 PMNWI Times ran an article about Jay Harris on page 6 of the sports section.  Not another word about the tournament or Valpo.   I wrote an email to the sports editor last week complaining about the lack of coverage. 
Nothing in the Post-Trib either but both ran what seemed like considerable coverage over the course of the week. Maybe they had writers cramp?

I take the lack of mention in the on air radio-tv coverage as a slap in the face. Hey they didn't forget to list DePaul at Marquette because hey they might be the 140th and 160th best teams in the country facing off with everything at stake and  a handful of local fans interested! Something from the back of my mind tells me that they made this same ommission at least one of the other times we hosted. So however they addressed the problem then it apparently had no lasting effect.

Hey I don't want to get uppity because I realize those are real BB programs from a real conference not some phony-balony wanna be conference like the Horizon.

Separate question. Are there really more NW indiana BB fans interested in the Clemson at ND 3PM tipoff on WCIU-DT 26.2, WLS-AM 890 than for VU vs CSU? I would argue that there isn't and if by some slight margin there is then I think I may have already proposed the solution!

a3uge

They're apparently building a giant bracket on the JW Marriott Hotel in Downtown Indy. Would be cool to see Valpo on it. I snapped a pic today:

frontrowfan

Butt in seat.  Can't wait for games to start.  I love tournament time. 

crusadermoe

On lack of tv/radio mention of the ESPNU game....

Are we paranoid?....... or is there a really weird vibe between Valparaiso anything and da region?   Maybe it is just crappy journalism.  I suspect that's all it is.

VUfan

UIC 30 UWGB 29 Half!!! the revenge of Jay

Valpower

Quote from: VUfan on March 07, 2015, 06:53:48 PM
UIC 30 UWGB 29 Half!!! the revenge of Jay

And the continuation of the #2-seed curse?

agibson

Wasn't close with two minutes to play.

agibson

So, I wonder what ESPNU's going to do about this KY women's game with five minutes to play...

Is WVUR streaming working for anyone? Anyone have any luck with recent games?  It's been a good while since I tried it.