• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Illinois State Game Thread, Sat., Feb. 15th, 2020, 6:00p CT

Started by wh, February 14, 2020, 08:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valpower

ISU has nothing-to-lose on their side.

VUGrad1314

YES JAVON! ONE STOP FOR THE WIN! COME ON VALPO! I BELIEVE!!!

valpotx

F you ISUr!!!!  The fan base that least wanted us in the MVC.  Succccckkkkkk iitttttt :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

VALPO LI

Quote from: valpotx on February 15, 2020, 07:34:50 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 15, 2020, 07:24:56 PM
We should be back in this game right now and we're not... This is so sad It's painful...

Eating your words?

As LL Cool J once said.....
"DON'T CALL IT A COME BACK"
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Wow I'm blown away :)
Shine on Vu

mj

Wow. Just wow. JFL is freaking amazing. Hopefully this sparks a run for this team
I believe that we will win.

valpotx

Ok, I will learn to take the good with the bad, if it results in JFL's finish to this game.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can't believe it! We did it! WE ACTUALLY DID IT! We overcame a slow start fought back to get back in the game AND WON! I don't know what Matt said to them at half time but it obviously worked! I love you Matt! I love you Javon! I love you Valpo! I love you all! WE FINALLY DID IT! For once the pain of a close loss is on the other end! This feels SO GOOD! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

vu84v2

That was very refreshing! Certainly mistakes in the second half, but great defensive plays down the stretch by Clay and JFL.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VALPO LI on February 15, 2020, 08:06:45 PM
Quote from: valpotx on February 15, 2020, 07:34:50 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 15, 2020, 07:24:56 PMWe should be back in this game right now and we're not... This is so sad It's painful...
Eating your words?
As LL Cool J once said..... "DON'T CALL IT A COME BACK" :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Wow I'm blown away :)

Yummy Yummy! These words I'm eating are SCRUMPTIOUS! FEED ME MORE! MORE WINS I SAY! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

nkvu

How can one team suck so bad in one half and be so great in the second?  Incredible!!!  JFL - Incredible!!!  I swear this team is forcing me, yes forcing me to drink. Have to go for one now so I can calm down enough to get some sleep tonight.

Congrats to the team.

valpotx

With that last steal, JFL has now tied one hell of a player in Lubos Barton, with 63 steals in 1 season.  Congrats man!
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Quote from: valpotx on February 15, 2020, 08:14:26 PMWith that last steal, JFL has now tied one hell of a player in Lubos Barton, with 63 steals in 1 season.  Congrats man!

When they showed the graphic with about five and a half minutes to go and JFL trailing by two they said "He might get there tonight we have 5:27 to go." Well... He did... And we're a lot better off for it! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

VALPO LI

As much as that last play was JFL sealing the game with a dunk you have to credit Clay for breaking through a screen and face guarding his defender...he had his right hand out the entire time to make the deflection to tip the ball for JFL!
Hell of a play Clay :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Shine on Vu

oklahomamick

Wow, that was a lot of drama. 

How many of us thought we would dig ourselves a hole and then make a come back just to come up short? 

Congrats on the road win and getting back to .500.
CRUSADERS!!!

Valpower

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 15, 2020, 08:36:01 PM
Wow, that was a lot of drama. 

How many of us thought we would dig ourselves a hole and then make a come back just to come up short? 

Congrats on the road win and getting back to .500.
We've had so many of those games this year.  Our season was a couple of key components short of being something much more pleasing. It's really easy to underestimate the effect of Fazekas on our recent turnaround.  With him in the game, the 3-point attempts from those who haven't proven themselves to be consistent have gone down.

VUfan

GoVU

ESPN Gamecast gave ISUr a 95.3% chance of winning at halftime...glad the team now knows what it feels like to finish the huge comeback. I hope for less need to pull off these dramatic finishes in the future though...

VUGrad1314

The striking similarity between the play that ended this game and the play that ended the Loyola game should not be lost on anyone. That was great defense. No controversy there. Glad this one went our way! Great job by Donovan Clay! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

VUGrad1314

VUGrad1314

I think so too Donovan!  :) These quotes are very telling about how the team feels about Lottich, Personal feelings of anyone aside their feelings are the ones that matter most. Clearly he still has their attention and support. Clearly they are still fighting for him and listening to him. And that's all we really need to see and know. If we can close this season on a run the decision is a no-brainer but I think this game right here and Clay's response showing how the team feels and the way Javon fought in this game showing his commitment to Lottich as the team leader has made the decision. I think he's going to be extended and I think that's the right call. The young core is taking shape, the incoming class looks good, and this team is hungry motivated and fighting hard and just now starting to get results. This is all progress. This is all positive. Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/1228927914340737025

It's interesting how easy he makes it sound but yes as the old adage says hard work gets rewarded. And I'm so glad to see these young men finally see the results of their effort and get that reward payoff at the end! It's been a long time coming! Now let's win in Des Moines and go over .500 in MVC Play for the first time in over a year! Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/1228928152451330048

oklahomamick

Tex - I didn't know illinois st. Was against Valpo joining the league.  How do you know this?  Illinois state seems to be the only team we have a winning record against since joining. 

Didn't we recruit a player that ended up choosing Illinois state over us?

Great win and that was fun.  Would like to enjoy it more but a big part of me is why should I be happy about beating the second to last place team.  It should be expected. 
CRUSADERS!!!