• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

March Madness 2019

Started by tiny707, March 17, 2019, 07:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiny707

How many points does Bradley lose by? I say they lose by 30 points.

valpolaw

I'd say about 20

I just hope valpo can make the tourney again within the next 5-10 years

may know

Bradley loses by 20.

Murray State beats Marquette.

VUGrad1314

Murray State and Belmont both win at least one game MVC with massive egg on its face...

vu84v2

Belmont wins two games...Murray does not beat Marquette.

VALPO LI

Murray St. and Belmont both loose their first games played and we quickly go back to the expansion conversation.
Bradley surprises all the nation and upsets a sleeping MSU by 8pts.
Hey you never know.....
Shine on Vu

EddieCabot

MVC teams playing in other tourneys:

Loyola @ Creighton in NIT (Tuesday)

Drake vs Southern Utah in CIT (Friday)

bbtds

I was encouraged by the inclusion of Belmont and others and the non inclusion of Indiana, NC State and others (it shouldn't even be debateable). I think the selection committee has finally taken a step in the right direction where before they were moving in the wrong direction. Also that Worried-SeatinHall game will be wonderful to watch.

valpo04

Any interest in a board pick'em?

Yahoo? CBS? I could set one up.

oklahomamick

Good idea.  Set one up.  Winner gets 5 minutes uninterrupted air time on Union Street Hoops.  Paul?
CRUSADERS!!!

talksalot

FUN... I did my annual "Closest to the Chapel" bracket...  Purdue beats Bradley in the National Championship game.

if you think that's nuts, Abilene Christian beats Baylor in the "Alphabetical Order" bracket.

(I don't select any of the Dayton Play-in teams to advance.

glad I'm betting the houses' money on this one! 

justducky

Halftime --- Belmont up.  Loyola - down. ESPNU

justducky

Belmont 81   Temple 70           Loyola falls to Creighton

I am now officially a Belmont fan!

NativeCheesehead

While I have always believed schools should not pay players, it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth that the very first ad I see after the opening preview segment of the tournament is Jay Wright hawking Loews.

I know Nova is worlds away from Valpo but it's not hard to see why players don't feel they need to be loyal to a school or a coach.

justducky

Halftime.  Bradley up.   Belmont up

vu84v2

Quote from: vu84v2 on March 17, 2019, 11:04:34 PM

Needless to say, this was a colossally bad prediction.

VUGrad1314

We owe the MVC a tournament win... and soon... And until we get it our debt is not repaid and we are not and should not be considered on equal footing with our peers.They could have had Ja Morant instead they got a glorified NAIA school. The decision to take us over Murray State might end up being the decision that kills the MVC. I'm so embarrassed ashamed sad and disgusted right now. I can't BELIEVE we had the audacity to accept an invite to this conference with no plan in place to get better. That's DISGRACEFUL. If we wanted to continue acting like a mid con HL level program why bother stepping up to the big leagues? 

bbtds

Quote from: vu84v2 on March 21, 2019, 05:56:56 PM
Quote from: vu84v2 on March 17, 2019, 11:04:34 PM

Needless to say, this was a colossally bad prediction.

Is anybody really good at bracket?. Some of mine are busted bad already. Most of us still luv ya!!  :-)

truth219

At walsh and kelly we had a 10 dollar buy in...you get 2 teams at random...if your team beats the spread and wins your team moves on...if your team wins but doesn't cover then you forfeit your team to whoever had the team that beat you....kind of odd but i got Kentucky and Oregon so im feeling good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 17, 2019, 08:37:24 PMMurray State and Belmont both win at least one game MVC with massive egg on its face...

This prediction ended up pretty good...

truth219

Bradley played incredibly well...they represented the MVC just fine today on the court.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

VUGrad1314

Quote from: truth219 on March 21, 2019, 07:12:00 PMBradley played incredibly well...they represented the MVC just fine today on the court. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I meant for adding us instead of Murray State...

VUGrad1314

Meanwhile on the Racer board...

Belmont and Murray are going to be good again next year. The MVC may have missed it's chance - but hey, there's always Valpo! Good luck with that.

Can't fight it... It's true... They've earned the right to say it...

bbtds

I don't think Wofford has anything to be Worried about. Their opponent looks to take their Seat-in-the-Hall.

Of course when I post this Hall gets the game down to 11.