• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Women’s Soccer

Started by NotBryceDrew, June 23, 2020, 06:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotBryceDrew

So it seems that a couple of former women's soccer players have some grievances with an "unnamed" coach on the team.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBwj6r-gFAO/?igshid=1asr3xef48s7y

valpotx

I never want to speculate, but there is only 1 coach that was on staff for all 3 of her years...
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

I hope this is dealt with promptly and properly. I hope that "coach" is fired. This is not in keeping with the values of the University and this "coach" should be ashamed of himself for being a blight on his profession.

valpotx

Congrats to Coach Marovich!  One of our more stable/better programs historically, outside of last season.

http://www.valpoathletics.com/wsoccer/news/2020-21/20272/marovich-earns-100th-career-win-as-valpo-blanks-indiana-state/
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUFan2021

Good start to MVC play for the Brown and Gold...team is in the top half of the standings with a few matches in hand...looking like a 1st round home game at Brown Field during MVC tourney.

valpotx

Overall, each of our teams seems to be stepping up to MVC competition levels.  This is even the case in a traditionally weak overall T&F and CC programs.  We've always had some individual standouts in those sports, but seem to be getting better overall athletes moving forward.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUFan2021

How hard is it for a Valpo coach to give a few minutes of playing time to members of their program? These girls dedicate their collegiate lives to practices and traveling to away matches, yet do not get NCAA credit for being part of the program without any minutes on the field during the season. There are a number of women in the Valpo program that have not earned a single minute during this season. Why cannot the head coach of Valpo that recognize his players daily contributions to the program are valuable? We are not talking about offering minutes to a D1 Top 20 program. Why are so may college soccer coaches out of touch with reality? 

valpotx

Quote from: VUFan2021 on April 02, 2021, 10:45:05 AM
How hard is it for a Valpo coach to give a few minutes of playing time to members of their program? These girls dedicate their collegiate lives to practices and traveling to away matches, yet do not get NCAA credit for being part of the program without any minutes on the field during the season. There are a number of women in the Valpo program that have not earned a single minute during this season. Why cannot the head coach of Valpo that recognize his players daily contributions to the program are valuable? We are not talking about offering minutes to a D1 Top 20 program. Why are so may college soccer coaches out of touch with reality? 

College athletics are not a handout, as it can seem in High School.  Just because you are on the team and work your a$$ off in practices, doesn't mean that you deserve game action.  This is coming from someone who worked his a$$ off and primarily played JV Baseball at Valpo, with intermittent Varsity action.  Granted, I was a key/core JV player for my 4 years, and saw a lot of action in those games against JuCo, Community College, NAIA, and NCAA D-2/D-3 programs.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Congrats to the ladies for their highest MVC finish to date, with a tie for third, and earning the third seed via tie-breaker rules!  We get to host a first round game against #6 Evansville, and were in every MVC game that we played, so might we see our first team NCAA bid, since joining the MVC?  I thought that Volleyball had a good shot at such a thing for this year's tourney, so it was very unfortunate that they ran into COVID issues.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Congratulations to these ladies on a terrific season! I hope they are able to make a run in the conference tournament! The quality of performance of the department as a whole does indeed appear to be trending upward. Perhaps patience is in order and we will get where we all want to go soon. Volleyball and Women's Soccer have posted very encouraging seasons. Women's basketball is clearly trending upward. Baseball looks like it might be slowly getting there. If we could break through in basketball finally I'd say we're really getting there but there appear to be green shoots appearing that might well be a sign of things to come. I sure hope so. I want to see Valpo teams succeed again.

vu72

Golden Goal wins it for Valpo against Indiana State in the semi-finals!  Now on the Championship game versus Loyola! 

Clearly Women's soccer is one of our sports that have really stepped it up to Valley level play.  Volleyball is another.  GREAT STUFF!! Congrats Ladies!!!! :thewave:
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpotx

With 1 minute left before it would have gone to PKs!  Playing for our first team NCAA berth since moving to the MVC!
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Women's soccer is getting better.

Volleyball is getting better.

Women's basketball is getting better.

Basketball is (slowly) getting better in terms of finish.

As hard as it is to practice and cultivate perhaps patience is the order of the day. The results may well be coming soon. I would love to see a Valpo team in the NCAA Tournament. Maybe women's soccer is that team. Wasn't women's soccer also the sport that signaled our arrival when we first moved to the HL? If so maybe it's a sign of things to come and it can signal our arrival in the MVC as well!

valpotx

Hats off to Loyola's overall athletics program this year.  They seem to have made just about every conference tournament championship game.  Here's hoping we take them down!
"Don't mess with Texas"

bb33

This is very exciting!! So glad the games are on ESPN so we can watch.  Go Valpo! Beating Loyola would be so incredibly sweet.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: bb33 on April 15, 2021, 08:33:07 AMThis is very exciting!! So glad the games are on ESPN so we can watch.  Go Valpo! Beating Loyola would be so incredibly sweet.

It will be a tall order. Loyola was dominant in their game against us. Anything can happen in a one off game though. After all Loyola had to survive Double OT against Illinois State just to get to this game.

valpotx

Good attempt, but just not enough offensive firepower to come back, once we get behind.  Very solid defensive season, and no shame in losing 1-0 in the championship game to the #1 seed/regular season champion.  Onwards and upwards next season!
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Great season ladies! No shame at all in losing to Loyola with the team that they have. Making the championship game is a huge step forward and a reason to be proud! Let's build on it and do at least as well next year!

IndyValpo

Another late goal conference victory. They start playing the 3 worst teams so we should be 3-0 before it gets serious.

vusupporter

Quote from: IndyValpo on September 24, 2021, 08:49:42 PM
Another late goal conference victory. They start playing the 3 worst teams so we should be 3-0 before it gets serious.

Alternatively, they just started the conference season 2-0 against the two teams picked 2nd and 3rd in the preseason poll.

bb33

What a great start to conference play.  This should be an interesting season.  Go Valpo!!

bb33

Happened to catch the game last night on ESPN.  It is so much fun to see the team's success.  They had so many shots on goal. I'll admit this is my first year following the girls soccer team.  Instant fan.  Can't wait to see the next one.

vu84v2

Valpo's team is the only unbeaten and untied team in conference play.