• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball v. Wright

Started by jetz, March 27, 2012, 08:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetz

Tied for the HL lead after two weekends, can Valpo take a home series against the defending league champs?  Yes, they can and should.  Game one will be the biggest test of the year so far.  GO VALPO!
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

valpotx

I look forward to seeing us match up against WSU and UIC this year.  Should be a good run for the title between the 3 schools.
"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

Game notes for the Wright series are up on the site or here:

http://www.valpoathletics.com/baseball/news/2011-12/11597/valpo-hosts-wright-state-in-battle-of-horizon-league-leaders/

Deetjen, Wild, and Wormington are scheduled starters.  Looks like rain on Friday...another Saturday DH?

valporun

For those who like to listen to how our baseball team is doing, Ryan Wronkowicz told me that due to WVUR donating their services to the Lutheran Basketball Association, there will be NO audio for Valpo baseball because they will be streaming the LBA tournament all weekend. Also, NO audio from Wright St. either. I did think to ask about that, so we'll be subjected to GameTracker, and any updates from jetz or anyone else who is there this weekend.

jetz

I have just downloaded tapatalk which is a forum application for the iPhone. I will try to give updates this weekend and post on the forum. It's supposed to auto tweet. If you want to follow me on twitter my handle is @capnjerry.

historyman

Quote from: valporun on March 28, 2012, 02:13:29 PM
For those who like to listen to how our baseball team is doing, Ryan Wronkowicz told me that due to WVUR donating their services to the Lutheran Basketball Association, there will be NO audio for Valpo baseball because they will be streaming the LBA tournament all weekend. Also, NO audio from Wright St. either. I did think to ask about that, so we'll be subjected to GameTracker, and any updates from jetz or anyone else who is there this weekend.

What about the Wright St broadcast? Do they stream their broadcast of the game?

valporun

They only webstream their home games. I'm not even sure that the press box at Bauer Field has the capability to videostream baseball games, and Ryan told me that Wright St. wasn't bringing an audio crew either.

valpotx

Unless things have changed in the last 8 years, the press box at good 'ole Emory is very limited.  I always felt bad for the people broadcasting the games, as it was always very dusty up there, and kind of felt like it could fall down at any time.
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Nice honor for the troops. Are they going to wear the cami uniforms again? Maybe when they "invade" Fairborn, OH or west of the Loop?

http://www.valpoathletics.com/baseball/news/2011-12/11597/valpo-hosts-wright-state-in-battle-of-horizon-league-leaders/

valporun

It has been mentioned that the camo unis are the new Sunday uniform tops. I hope they have a better shelf life than the men's basketball grey uniforms.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

vuweathernerd

the athletics dept ought to combine this with getting the rotc cadets to present the colors before the game. we did soccer, volleyball, and basketball while i was there. it'd be nice to branch out some more and get the programs some more exposure.

jetz

We're under way that Bauer field Deetjen pitching just gave up a double to the secondbatter there's one out Deetjen struck out the leadoff hitter

jetz

I'm using dictation application to get updates sorry for punctuation and misspelled names should be interesting

jetz

Wright State leads one to nothing at the middle of the first Deetjen gave up? Single to score the runner who is on second we are wearing all-white right states wearing gray with green trim sunny day here wind is blowing out of right-field breezy and cool

jetz

Valpo stranded Bain on second base in the bottom of the first
Off with a single but we were unable to score him sack bunt got him to second now one out in the top of the second

jetz

Right state now leads three to nothing after a two-out single scored two runs to batters reached on base hits a balk moved them to the second and third and then out Texas leaguer scored both runs right Statesville batting

jetz

Now 5-0 mid 2. Corey Davis homered to right.

jetz

Leffler drew a walk to start the bottom of the second inning it took two outs to move him to second base Cribbs hit a ball hard the second baseman made a leaping catch to rob him of an RBI still five nothing right state Wright State has six hits we have one here

jetz

Deetjen gets writes date 123 in the top of the third Yoder up to bat next for Valpo

jetz

Middle of the fourth still five to nothing Deetjen has retired six batters in a row

jetz

Elliot Martin hit a two-out singleto drive in a run Valpo trails 5 to 1 after four. 5, 6 and 0 for Wright State 14 and zero for Valpo

jetz

Deetjen hit a leadoff batter for right state but stranded him at second after
sacrifice bunt still trail 51 middle five

jetz

Valpo got three hits in the bottom of the sixth but only scored one run Bain is three for three on day. Vavra was caught in a rundown between second and third for the third

jetz

Another 123 inning for Deetjen. No hits allowed since second. Valpo down 5-2 b6.