• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball v. Wright

Started by jetz, March 27, 2012, 08:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetz

Martin got a two out hit but that's it for Valpo in the b6. Deetjen still out there. Down 5-2 t7.
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

jetz

Right stay executed a good inning in the top of the seventh single sacrifice bunt and double from Kory Davis scored a run Davis is killing us today now6-2 b7.

jetz

Cribbs walk yoder single. Two on no out. Van horn to pitch for wright.

jetz

Bain single of shorts glove. Bases juiced no out.

jetz

Vavra. Drives in 2 with 0-2 single to center. Now 6-4. Second and third. Hagel up.

jetz

Hagel grounds to second. Now trail 6-5. Runner on 3rd. Manning up. One out.

jetz

Manning ties it up with ground out to second. Two down.

jetz

Tied at 6 after 7. Still Deetjen

jetz

Deetjen get some 123 again score 6 to 6 in the middle of the eighth inning we have 11 hit Wright State has 8. Deetjen looks strong.

jetz

Miller now in to pitch for Valpo Deetjen went eight innings gave up eight hits and six runs

jetz

Miller gets em 123. Need to win it in the ninth. It's cool here now. Hi 40s and breezy. Schaum in to pitch for WSU.

jetz

We go down 123. Schaum throws a submarine cutter runs in on righties. 90 mph or so. Tough.

jetz

Miller out for the 10th.

jetz

3 weak ground balls all went for hits. We really had no play on any of them. WSU scores one. Guy overran third and we got him to end inning. Down 7-6 bottom 10.

jetz

Loeffler gets two out single. Mark Johnson pinch run.

jetz

Johnson to second on pb.

jetz

Martin grounds out to short. We lose 7-6. Even game.

vu72

Did you know you can watch the play by play on the Valpo athletics website?  I did, but thanks for the effort anyway!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

jetz

I assume you're talking Gametracker.  Sometimes Gametracker freezes or gets very slow.  I probably won't be able to do updates as often tomorrow or Sunday, as I'm also taking pix and video for the Horizon League and cooking on a grill for Valpo parents.  Pretty busy, and if my son plays I dump all of that to watch.  Hope someone benefitted from the updates today.  A shame we didn't win, but other than a baserunning mistake in our big inning, we really played pretty solidly.

StlVUFan

I couldn't even get scoretracker to work on my work computer, so I very much appreciated the updates.

valporun

jetz, your updates, whether Gametracker works or not, are good because might get more of a real feel of what was going on as you update, and it could allow us to get some idea of what is going on that Gametracker can't tell us.

jetz

Sounds like I should do the updates again today.  I will stay away from the play by play and try to give stuff that you don't get on Gametracker.  If Gametracker quits or freezes, ask here for more play by play and I'll try to give it. 

In reviewing yesterday's game, Deetjen started rough with 5 ER in the first two, but then settled in and shut down the Raider batters.  We ran ourselves out of an inning in the seventh when Vavra got too aggressive and tried to go from first to third when it wasn't available.  If I was to nitpick, I'd also say that two hits out to left that led to 3 runs might have been caught with a max risk diving effort.  Hagel played both balls safely, allowing them to drop in front of him on one hop.  To be fair, he may not have been able to make either play, but it seemed like he let up early on both balls.  No errors for us in the game, and really we won innings 3-9 easily.  Another close game gets away--we must have a dozen one or two run games this year. 

Sorry in advance for the misspellings in the updates today--the dictation app hears "rides date" instead of "Wright State"--  :lol:

StlVUFan

Quote from: jetz on March 31, 2012, 10:22:35 AM
Sorry in advance for the misspellings in the updates today--the dictation app hears "rides date" instead of "Wright State"--  :lol:

First of all, you and your app could still make a killing in the Close Captioning market ;)

Second, so far, it's not been that hard to decipher.  I'm amazed that you can sit with other fans and dictate into your phone without feeling self-conscious about it.

jetz

Yeah I do not do these updates near any people I get away from the crowd when I doing them. I'm here at the field now it's in the high 30s here forecast temperature 58° for a high will be lucky to make it it's overcast but not too windy ---a gloves and hat day

jetz

Valpo is wearing white pants with their black Saturday Jersey's right state wearing gray pants green jerseys with gold trim