• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2013 Baseball Schedule

Started by jetz, September 12, 2012, 07:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetz

A good looking schedule.  As per usual, 18 games on the road to start.  Only four home weekend series... 

http://www.valpoathletics.com/baseball/schedule/

Also, Valpo had scout day earlier this week.  Last year, one scout showed up.  This year, 22 made the trip.  Nice to be on the radar.  :thumbsup:

"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

VULB#62

Could be kind of boring playing TBA University over and over again -- but then it's in Florida where it's warm and sunny    ;)

crusadermoe

Yes, nice schedule again.   Tracy seems to have nice ties to better programs and getting the NCAA bid could not have hurt either.
I noticed that not only do we travel a distance on Spring Break, but we fly out to weekend in CA (Feb) and to Arizona St. in mid-April.   The ASU series stands out for toughness and for potential expense.    It's doubtful but I wonder if ASU types can pay baseball teams' travel to come in because ASU draws good crowds

valpotx

I love this schedule, and have been a fan of our scheduling the last few years.  Very impressive that we had 22 scouts there!!  We averaged 1-5 each year when I was playing, so it always felt more like a practice than anything else lol
"Don't mess with Texas"