• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Robert Morris at Valpo 11/3/12

Started by historyman, November 03, 2012, 09:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaPorteAveApostle

NEWS FLASH: People on this board need to use the designation <sarc> for sarcasm, ending it with </sarc>, even in really really obvious situations, or else people will think you are being serious, don't have a sense of humor, and actually believe the jokes you are making to be fact.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

covufan

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 06, 2012, 06:41:54 AM
NEWS FLASH: People on this board need to use the designation <sarc> for sarcasm, ending it with </sarc>, even in really really obvious situations, or else people will think you are being serious, don't have a sense of humor, and actually believe the jokes you are making to be fact.
Or maybe the wink or roll eyes faces.  Or, people need to be able to recognize sarcasm, which is becoming a lost art in the written word.

LaPorteAveApostle

i think i want to use <snarc> instead.  even better.

<snarc> "Robert Morris? How 'bout to tell them apart, we call the one in Chicago Robert Lessis? Hur hur hur." </snarc>
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

vuweathernerd

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 06, 2012, 02:27:53 PM
i think i want to use <snarc> instead.  even better.

<snarc> "Robert Morris? How 'bout to tell them apart, we call the one in Chicago Robert Lessis? Hur hur hur." </snarc>

:clap:  :thumbsup:  :lol:

LaPorteAveApostle

Just to put a nail in the head of any "what if Capo leaves" talk before he's even played a legit game for us:

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/sports/16201859-556/mens-basketball-bobby-capobianco-set-to-utilize-perimeter-skills-for-valparaiso.html

...he's graduating in December and starting his MBA at VU in the spring. 

Let's go back to real life, like <snarc>ing on people.

wh

Quote from: chef on November 05, 2012, 02:07:46 PM
Brandon however was close with Julius Mays.

...and apparently was a major influence in Mays' decision to leave WSU for Kentucky.

"I had talked with my friend, Brandon Wood... and I just felt like I couldn't miss the opportunity to play at the highest level.  It wasn't that I had to prove myself necessarily, I just wanted to be part of the highest level and play with and against the best," explains Mays.

"Julius, that is my brother," states Wood, "I told him that this is a life changing decision and one that he cannot pass up. He will have the opportunity to network with a whole new university, current students and alumni, that are represented all around the world on the court and in the business world.  [It's a] decision that he will not regret and like I said, will completely change his life from this point forward."

http://www.scoutingthemidmajors.com/

I have always been a Brandon supporter, but I have to admit that this leaves me a little cold. 

LaPorteAveApostle

Cold?  Probably the same feeling B-Wood had when he was shooting against U-M -- the first game -- and then again afterward, when Izzo called him half a freshman, as in "we start three-and-a-half freshmen".

valpotx

It can lead to the amazing opportunity of being cut by a Macedonian basketball team...
"Don't mess with Texas"