• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Capobianco Injury?

Started by FWalum, November 09, 2012, 07:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FWalum

I tune in to the Valpo Game Day feed only to see that Bobby is out for a month following abdominal surgery?  Anybody have the full story?
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

wittynamehere

wittynamehere

but to be clear - I don't know for sure.

FWalum

Unbelievable.... completely changes this team and makes the OOC schedule much more difficult.  This will certainly give Fernandez much more playing time. Praying for a speedy recovery.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

agibson

Paul Oren ‏@NWIOren
Bobby Capobianco expected to miss up to a month after undergoing surgery on midsection injury. Will have more after the game. #ValpoGameDay

It does change the complexion of the non-conference schedule, for sure.  Caopbianco definitely looked like the most promising of the newcomers.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

wh

I see Bobby's parents sitting across the way, but we didn't see Bobby anywhere.  This is bad news.

agibson

Quote from: wh on November 09, 2012, 08:23:47 PM
I see Bobby's parents sitting across the way, but we didn't see Bobby anywhere.  This is bad news.

Weird!

Paul Oren ‏@NWIOren

Capobianco not in attendance tonight, at home recovering. Big opportunity for Vashil Fernandez tonight and for the next month. #ValpoGameDay

FWalum

I hope I was not being prophetic when I stated in some earlier threads that most teams are only one high ankle sprain, or in this case hernia, from what could be a mediocre season.  We shouldn't be counting our chickens before they have hatched.  That being said, we played one heck of a game with a short bench.

valporun

I'm guessing Bobby wasn't at the game because he's fresh off the surgeon's table, and probably not moving very well, so better to be lying in bed getting healed to come home, instead of aggravating it by being at the game.

valpopal

Bobby has written a few messages on Twitter tonight and appears in good spirits. He says he expects to bounce back quickly.

vu72

Can you imagine the result if bobby had taken most of Vashil's minutes and Dority was the backup point??  :o
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

HC

Quote from: vu72 on November 09, 2012, 10:00:57 PMCan you imagine the result if bobby had taken most of Vashil's minutes and Dority was the backup point??  :o
We wouldn't have seen that throw down put back jam thats for sure.  Seriuosly though, I hope they let him heal to 100% before bringing him back.

valpo64

Local paper quoted Bryce as saying that Capo out for about a month after very successful surgery last Thursday to repair a hernia...he is said to be doing very well

motowntitan

This is tough news.  Definitely hurts some of the games against bigger teams (i.e. Nebraska).  Hopefully, you guys can get through this.

Meanwhile, almost everyone else (YSU, WSU, CSU) is doing their best to raise the RPI of the conference.  Maybe the time we get two teams in again!

StlVUFan

I'll say.  Look out for the Penguins.

Good luck against St. Johns!

valporun

Stl, let St. John's get thru Detroit this afternoon!!

agibson

Nice to see Capo at the game today, wearing warm-ups.

Smj

Quote from: agibson on November 13, 2012, 12:27:49 PM
Nice to see Capo at the game today, wearing warm-ups.

Felt like last year - seeing him on the bench...   Except now I have seen what he can add to the team.   Can't wait to get him back in the lineup...

justducky

One year and 4 games after his transfer to VU and I have still yet to see Capo throw a ball at a basket. On the brighter side Vashils raw talents have greatly impressed me and he needed these extra minutes to improve his game. Since I would judge the boards general assessment of Vashil to have been spot-on I would hope that your optimism for what Bobby can do in real battle is equally accurate.

There are a number of things that may remain up in the air until Capo and Dority can finally take to the floor, but with that I believe that todays team and coaching staff have all been handed a golden opportunity to prove to us now just how good all of them can be. Staying in contention for an at-large bid will not be easy so lets just step out there and "give er hell".