• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Buggs

Started by wittynamehere, November 15, 2012, 11:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wittynamehere

He looked to be in A LOT of pain - I hope it's not too serious.

valporun

Todd and Travis said that they had to take him out in a wheelchair because the pain was too much. It will be up in the air to see what he does come Sunday, whether he plays or not.

milanmiracle

That is definitely NOT good. Is the injury bug (no pun intended) biting early this season? First Capo now Buggs?
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

valporun

It's possible, but Buggs suffered the hip injury in the first half of the NIU game, and it might have been something about the game pace that brought on some major soreness, plus all the physicality inside that he couldn't avoid. I hope he's better before St. Louis, as I think we can be okay without him on Sunday, even the Chicago St. and either Bethune Cookman or Nebraska-Omaha game, but we'll need him back in December for sure. We need some depth in the frontcourt, where we were really hurt tonight though, and with Bobby out, we don't have that depth. We basically have Vashil, who is learning on the job.

wittynamehere

Really good to see Buggs out there today!

Smj

Tip of my hat to Buggs....    You would not even know he was injuried during the Kent game.   He drove, battled and finished in situations that could really have made him sore.

valpo84

Buggs was a warrior out there. Playing through the pain on a hip pointer and able to drive through their defense, swat defenders away and make clutch layups and or go to the line. And from where I was, that was a great miss and Kenney did a terrific job to keep the ball alive. And a win on the road at a tough opponent is a big win on the road. The MAC refs devolved the game into a MAC regular season game, and with a short bench we battled very well.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum