• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 10: @ Indiana State 12/9

Started by VULB#62, December 03, 2015, 11:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atkins

This team has regressed.  If Tevonn's absence truly makes that big of a difference, then he's definitely co-MVP of this team during the first semester. 

Valpower

Quote from: atkins on December 10, 2015, 11:50:05 PM
This team has regressed.  If Tevonn's absence truly makes that big of a difference, then he's definitely co-MVP of this team during the first semester. 
I sense what you're getting at, but that feeling comes from the mistaken view that "they returned everybody" means they should have played the same, only better.  The truth is, that while they returned everyone of consequence, it doesn't mean that there were no changes.  There were additions that needed to be evaluated and integrated and injuries that needed to be a tended to that were bound to challenge last year's balance. Even one new player, especially a good one, can be disruptive.  Hopefully it's temporary and eventually good, but in the mean time, if the disruption means one bad loss and handful of close contests but a better record, I'll take it.

Valpower

Also, if you're implying that Tevonn may have been underrated by us last year, you may be right.

VUfan

All of the parts of this team are not playing as well together as the team was at the end of last year yet.   :crazy:

justducky

Quote from: Valpower on December 11, 2015, 12:11:59 AMAlso, if you're implying that Tevonn may have been underrated by us last year, you may be right.
I have seen enough to comfortably call us a top 35 team with Tevonn and the rest all healthy. Put him in street clothes and we may still be in the top 75. If any of the other key players then join Tevonn on the bench we drop well out of the top 100.

I don't even want to calculate our fall if we also lost Alec.   :(

FWalum

Quote from: Valpower on December 11, 2015, 12:11:59 AM
Also, if you're implying that Tevonn may have been underrated by us last year, you may be right.
Tevonn Walker was a stud last year.  Watching his defensive positioning as a Freshman really surprised me, you rarely see a kid who plays so hard on both ends of the floor. He also comes up big in big games and seems to accept every challenge.  Love this kid and hope he gets better soon because we are going to need him big time.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

VULB#62

Just can't forget the slam over the 6-10 UWM guy. That was awesome

a3uge

Quote from: VULB#62 on December 11, 2015, 09:31:19 PM
Just can't forget the slam over the 6-10 UWM guy. That was awesome
[tweet]567127207185633280[/tweet]

NEVER4GET

VULB#62

Most of the reason for my post was I was there and it was a monster. Tape doesn't do it justice. TW's stock skyrocketed that day in my book. He is just such a steal. And a great kid.